Four Days-013

All it took was four days. Four days after Dale died. Just four days of mourning and quietness before nighttime hit on the fourth day. On that fourth night, everything went downhill, Carl and Rick were in the barn, talking, while Ford sat on the porch, staring off at the graves. Everyone else was chatting inside the house. Ford went to get up, eyes catching something in the corner near the treeline. His head swiveled over to look more carefully, Georgia blue eyes widening in fear. Heart pounding as he rushed inside. 

"Walkers! A horde of 'em!" He caught everyone's attention, most moving to go see, grabbing a gun from the bag they had.

"Go find Carl," Daryl said, ruffling his brother's hair softly before following everyone out. Ford took hold of a gun, slinging his crossbow over his shoulder and tightening it before he dashed outside, mind racing, the wind pushing his hair back. 'I can't lose you now Carl..' His thoughts were gone in an instant as he pushed the barn doors open, moving to unlock Randall before he stood up. "Carl! Rick!" He saw their heads poke out from over the loft area. 

"Walkers... A lot of walkers.." He moved to help Carl down from the loft, hugging him tightly. In the panic of this all, he forgot how much he enjoyed having Carl in his arms, though that thought also quickly left him as walkers started pouring into the barn, Ford rushed Carl back up to the loft, following behind him. Rick went back up last. The black-haired boy watched in horror as Randall was torn apart, blood spurting out of his body. His stomach turned and flipped, hand reaching out to grab Carl's as the RV rolled up to the barn. Rick guiding Carl and Ford to jump on top of the vehicle. Both doing so while walkers swarmed the RV, killing the young man inside.

Blood-curdling screams filled the farm fields, Ford was pulled along by Rick, his hearing going blank as he looked around, seeing where they were going, a hill, a hill with only one other person on it. Shane. 

Shane started yelling, causing Carl to cower into Ford's side, who hugged him tightly, trying to soothe and calm him. Carl stared as Shane went insane, yelling about how Lori and the baby were his, not Rick's, how he lost his child, and Rick lost nothing. Ford's hand hovering to grab his gun at any point if needed.

--------------------------------------

Ok, wow, that took A LOT longer than I planned it too.

I'm truly sorry I haven't updated for well over a month now.

School will be ending in a few short weeks and needless to say-

I am terrified, I wasn't doing very well since I'm home with my transphobic and homophobic family. (Even if I'm not out yet, they still talk about that stuff)

But I am pushing through and I am still behind in school work- but, I'll try any update more?