Hurt- 06

The group was rushing back to camp, Ford trying to suck up his pain and bare it out as he jogged, though his side throbbed and made him grimace. A scream was heard from up ahead, Ford's hung head whipped up as he grabbed ahold of his crossbow, picking up a bit more speed to see what was wrong, when they made it to their camp hell had broken loose. He saw Carl cornered, his anger boiled as he let go of his side to lift his crossbow and take aim, shooting the rotting body in the head, he rushed over and took Carl's hand in his own tightly, getting him into the RV with haste, his body guarding the entrance, shooting at the corpses he could see in his limited range at the moment. 

Eyes going hard, his once shining Dixon Georgian blue's going dull as he shot, as quick as it all happened the camp fell silent, dead silent Then all at once noise regained composure over the group, sobs from Carol who sat next to her dead husband. Yells of Carl's name from Lori, Ford dropping to his knees in pain, crossbow tumbling out of his hands as Carl ran to him, eyes wide in fright.

"I'm okay... I'm okay... I'm fine... Go... Go to your mom..." He rasped out, voice dry and strained, eyes closing tightly, Carl rested his hand on Ford's arm as he yelled for help, Lori rushing over at her son's voice, seeing Ford on his knees grimacing in pain. She rushed to get Daryl and her husband before coming back to hug her son who feared for Ford's condition. Daryl and Rick got him into the RV, laying him down and stripping his shirt off carefully, Daryl standing in the front of the RV so nobody came in, Rick started patching up the worse wounds, wrapping his ribs up in bandages carefully. Shane tried coming in but Daryl easily stopped him, making Shane grow angry. 

"Why the hell can't I go in?" He sheathed, Daryl's eyes hardened. "'Cause I said go, jackass." He growled back, Shane huffed and looked over his shoulder a bit. "Rick? How's he lookin'?" He asked, hearing Ford left a sharp yelp out. "Rick! That fuckin' hurt!" Ford growled, making Rick gently tap his head. "Language. I know it hurts... Just settle down and relax..." Ford grumbled and relaxed a little, letting Rick finish before he put his shirt and jacket on, making his way out of the RV to Carl to make sure he was alright. 

Striking up a conversation as he ignored Shane's questions, His arm slinking over Carl's shoulder and walking off with him to have a quiet conversation, leaning a bit on the shorter boy, who smiled and let him before they sat down near some trees. Ford leaned back as he relaxed, letting a slow breath out. "Ahh... Sore..." Carl looked over at him with worry, biting his bottom lip gently. "How long do you think it'll take to heal?" He questioned, getting a shrug in return from Ford. "Dunno... Probably a little while at least... Ribs were injured..." Carl nodded a bit, humming in response as he listened, hearing Ford's quiet breathing beside him.

--------------------------------------

Ford's older brother slowly woke the younger up, shaking his shoulder a bit, Ford swatted his hand before groaning and carefully sitting up. "We finally leaving..?" He asked, looking at his brother who nodded, adjusting his sleeveless shirt. "Mhm... Headin' to the CDC... Hopin', we'll get Jim there 'fore he keels over." Ford nods a bit before getting up and getting dressed, he trudged his way of the tent, helping Daryl pack it into a bag after everything was cleared out. They packed everything away into the back of the truck with Daryl's motorcycle, Ford ignoring the adults and getting into the truck, only saying 'Hi' to Carl on his way past everyone. Rick smiled at the boy, getting a nod of acknowledgment in return.

He sat mutely in the truck, playing with his hair, twirling it between his fingers as he waited, hearing an argument breaking out he closed his eyes. Letting his mind take him away for a bit until the adults stopped acting like children. When everything settled down Daryl got into the truck and started it, Ford looking over at him and letting a slow breath out. 

"I'm sorry" He finally said, Daryl glanced at him with an eyebrow raised. "Hm?" Ford grunted. "I'm sorry 'bout Merle... I know.. You two were... Close... I'm sorry..." He clarified, getting a soft sigh in return, Daryl's hand moving to rest on his younger brother's leg. "It's fine... Take a nap kid..."

Word Count- 789