Words- 027

This chapter will be very, very far from the episode it is based on 'Say The Word' Season 3, Episode 5. As this is the episode Rick loses his shit and goes off the rails since Lori died. Lori is no longer in my story, neither is Judith. So. I will be going off my own story plot. Hope you enjoy the chapter below, leave feedback if you can! Hope you all are having a great day! This is gonna be my coping mechanism for today. Today hasn't been so good for me, so- have a good day, and enjoy the chapter!

I started writing this a few days ago lmao so that A/N is a bit off.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next few moments were quiet, still and silent everyone seeming to regain composure over the situation, Rick looked around slowly at everyone. Everyone was devasted from the loss of Carol, it was obvious. The air thick, heavy, and sorrowful, everyone as silent as could be to look around. Eyes drifting from one face to the next, Rick's eyes filled with sadness, he had, no, they had lost two people in just under an hour or so. The last person having seen Carol not remembering where he had last seen her and was struggling to regain composure still.

Ford sat, body stilled, yet shaking, as he took shallow breaths, and for once Carl was comforting him instead of him comforting Carl. Nobody commented on how the two held each other. Nobody commented on how weak Ford look, Hershal having relaid what he was told to the group. Ford had watched a friend, though not always friends, get torn apart in front of him. And it struck everyone hard as they saw the boy shaking, having to remind themselves Ford is only thirteen at most, no matter how old he acts, he is still just a kid. A scared kid that saw a man get torn up and eaten. Nobody could imagine how fucked up Ford's stomach felt at the moment.

Axel and Oscar stood off a bit, slowly jogging up to the group to ask what had happened if they could do anything to help. Seeing how shaken the, once brave and strong boy who was snappy and violent toward everyone but a few, brown-haired boy was. Taking note of every little caress and gentle rub Carl was giving him to calm him down. His shaking slowly dying out to slight shivers every now and then, back still stiff as he held his stomach in his arms. He felt horrible, he felt queasy and nauseous. Like his stomach was just about ready to kick itself and give out on holding whatever bile would try to rise.

Ford clutched his stomach, feeling it twist and turn under his touch as he slowly stood, everyone, held their breaths, watching him closely, especially Carl who saw the queasy look on the boy's face. Ford exhaled, again, slowly as he stumbled a bit, clearing his throat and looking up from the ground finally. Gathering up his nerves and opening his mouth.

"I'm... I'm fine..." He breathed out before squeezing his sore stomach. just as everyone started going back inside Ford stopped, body lurching forward before he stumbled over to a wall and threw up what all was in his stomach, feeling his hair get pulled back and his back rubbed. His throat burned, as most of what came up from his empty stomach was just bile. He stayed still, head pressed to the brick wall for a moment as he groaned, everything hurt, and everything felt weird. His name being called by Carl finally brought him back down to earth, slowly standing up straight and wiping his mouth off with a nod.

Everyone piled back into their cell block, Rick seeming just a bit more off than before, which Ford brushed off as nerves from their recent situation. Carl taking Ford off to the bathroom in hopes of finding some toothpaste for the boy. Which they did, surprisingly enough. The taller of the two washed his hands and took the tube before uncapping it, he didn't dare trust a toothbrush from inside this place. That was disgusting. So his body bent over the sink, using his finger to get the bile taste and smell out of his mouth before spitting a few times. 

When he was finished he turned toward Carl and carefully pulling him into a hug, sinking down onto the ground as he hugged him, making himself look smaller than he was by curling up a little. Exhaling slowly and inhaling sharply.

His voice came out in a whisper, the words he's been meaning to say for so long but not having the guts to say it.

Words. Slowly slipping off his tongue as he spoke quietly.

"Please... Please don't leave me..." 

[Word Count- 807]