Stable-017

Still in episode one,
I was honestly shocked to see I had only made it 5-10 minutes into the first episode of seasons 3 last chapter. 
Anyway, enjoy
-Austin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We can't keep running in circles man. We got kids, an older man. We gotta figure something out, Rick." T-dog said, just loud enough for the two quiet boys off to the side to hear. Ford hummed and nodded a bit in agreement, Carl shifted his hat before sighing quietly. The group of adults disbanded, Daryl trekking over to his motorcycle and grabbing his crossbow.

"While the others wash their panties you wanna go hunting?" His gruff voice was nice and clear as he looked at Rick, shuffling through his bag. Rick nodded slightly and the two were off. Carl looked over at Ford, smiling slightly. Ford shifted his gaze, once his brother was no longer in view, to Carl, seeing his smile he smiled back a little. Ford took hold of Carl's hand with a small squeeze, walking over to one of the cars. Slowly letting go of his hand and pulling himself onto the trunk of the car.

He turned and adjusted, holding his slightly larger hand out to Carl's smaller hand, who took hold of it and lifted himself as well, sitting next to him. Ford took a slow breath of fresh, but stale air, Carl leaning back on his hands as he yawned. The group stayed sharp and on the lookout while also admiring the two boys seeming to relax as they talked quietly to each other on the trunk of one of the cars.

Everyone found it calming to see the two young teenagers enjoying their time alone, they hadn't seen Carl smile much since his mother's passing. And now as they all lingered about talking quietly to one another, waiting patiently for Rick and Daryl to come back.

And when they did everyone seemed to relax as Rick caught their attention, telling them about a prison. A safe-heaven.

------------------------------------

Rick snapped the chain fence with his pliers as Ford stood off to the side, eyes peeled open and darting about as he watched everyone's movements. Daryl motioning him under the hole in the fence, Carl following after him quickly. Ford's eyes moved to the stream nearby a small, barely noticeable smile coming to his lips as everyone piled into the area between the two fences. Glenn kneeling and wiring it back together easily and carefully.

Ford help his gun tightly, eyes scanning the area sharply, walkers had taken notice to them, growling and snarling as they piled against the fence trying to get them. Ford let a slow smile spread onto his face, arm throwing around Carl's shoulder.

"We can have the field by tonight if we work hard enough. We can take out these walkers, close that gate, prevent more from coming. We can do this." Rick said, looking at everyone with a strained smile and a tired face.

"How are we gonna get the gate closed?" Hershal asked, the looming question hovering over everyone. Glenn took a step forward.

"I'll do it," Maggie protested 'a suicide run,' and Ford couldn't disagree for once, it was, it was asking for death if anyone ran in there. Rick gave everyone instructions, telling Ford, Carl, and Hershal to get into one of the four towers, getting nods from both the teens. Everyone got into position, Ford hearing a soft, strained voice come from Rick, that almost sounded scared. "I'll run for the gate..."

Ford stayed back, opening the gate for Rick with a soft nod to the older man, getting one in return. When Rick ran into the field Ford closed the gate and held his breath as he ran to the tower with Carl and Hershal in it, firing off silenced rounds into walker's heads from above, Breath held every time he pulled the trigger. Hershal and Carl on either side of him also firing round after round. His eye training to each walker as they fell, blood spurting out the back of their heads as they landed on the grassy field.

Bodies dropping one after another, Ford's eyes glazed over, hair hanging into his eyes once again, much like before he had cut it long ago with Morgan. Blue eyes dulled and emotionless as he pulled the trigger seeing Rick flinch back for a moment and dust coming into the man's view. Ford took a small step back before hearing Carol call out a short 'Sorry' to him. The boy chuckled, aiming again before firing, feeling the slight kickback in his forearms from each bullet leaving the chamber. His arm shaking slightly.

When Rick had the gate closed walkers started following him, trying to get to their, hopefully, next meal, Rick rose his colt python, shooting down walkers that got a bit to close for comfort. The gruff-looking man fired a few final rounds before turning and opening a tower door, firing inside then slipping in and closing the door in the oncoming walkers faces. Daryl made a motion, finger moving in a circling motion before Ford heard the words.

"Light it up!" His body slowly relaxing as the fear of hitting Rick on accident left his body, finger pressing the trigger faster than before, eye training from one to the next as walkers moved about the field growling. Slowly, they numbers dwindled. Lower and lower before the last gunshot went off, the last arrow fired into one of their skulls. They had claimed the prison's yard, a new home, a new start.

Now.