The Losses and the Gains

Jace carried Clary thrown over his shoulder to the portal that Magnus drew for him to get Clary. Clary's head still pouding, and with her vision still black, going through the portal made everything worst. From start to finish.

When the made it to the institute on the other side of the portal a pain in Clary's chest grew more and more. They started to scream in agony but found that as hard as she tried, it was as useless as the she had a little while before.

Once Jace put her down and back on her feet, she lost her balence and flailed her arms for something to catch her moving body. She clung to a muscular body. She heard a distinct clear voice throughout the room among the voices that were already there.

"Clary, are you okay?" She knew this voice, it was Levi's. She began to draw letters on his arm. They used to do this when that trained together when they first meet. They had become so close.

My chest is breaking. I can't see, or speak. Can you tell everyone to be quiet, it's so loud.

Levi obediently respomdedbamd whispered in her ear, "there is no one else talking." At that he picked her up bridal style AMD began to carry her into the infirmary. Clart began to akribble something else onto his arm.

"The infirmary, your crying, and obviously hurt."

Clary just lay motionless within Levi's arm as he carried her to the white room they Clary might never see again.

She reached up and drew one last time, are we alone? And slid her hand up to his face to feel his reply. He shook his head yes.

She leaned up and kisses him on the cheek. He almost stopped dead in his tracks. He started again and replied to the situation with a question thatight not every be answered. "Clary, why did you kiss me?"

Clary's arm and head went life less and she began to shake. At this point he started to scream her name over and over. With his legs moving as fast as he could ever dream, he made his way to the infirmary.

Once he made is to the infirmary, he was abruptly pushed our of the room by a bunch of warlocks and shadowhunters that have jobs at the local hospital.

Jace, Alison, Alec, Lemmy, and Izzy came running toward the door while Levi was getting kicked out. Alison had tear stains checks, red eyes, and was holding her chest.

"ALISON, Alison, what wrong, did something happen?" Levi asked over and over again just as scared as the rest, of not more.

"Clary, I can feel her slipping away, she's not going to do alright, we have to save her. This can't happen again." She said with her head down, a s tears falling from her cheeks.

"Ho-how do you know that, Alison?" Spoke Izzy with pure intent on getting the answer.

"We became parabatai over the course of last summer." She replied very quietly, almost as if she said it to loudly, Izzy would break.

"Oh," was all she replied with before she stepped back and began to walk toward the infirmary window.

Levi looked at Lemmy. They both thought the same thing. "Alison, let's go." And the three of them walked off, back to their dorms.

"Where the heck do they think that they are going?" Jace asked.

"They are going to get Clary and leave. Right now they are just packing " Lizzy asked and Alec knodded his head.

"Why aren't we stopping them?" Jace almost screamed.

"She's not part of our family anymore, and we would have done the same." Just as Lizzy finished her statement a man with blue scrubs walked out and asked for Alec.

Alec walked in to the infirmary with question. She looked at Clary and saw what had happened. She was strapped down and had a lump on her chest that pointed and raises every few seconds.

"Why do you need me?" He asked in a small voice.

"Because she's asking for your help," replied a warlock that held Clary's hand and had a white glaze over his eyes.