California

Clary was thrown out of the portal, and to her surprise, landed on her feet. She looked around the room to look for a hint of recognition of where she landed. When she jumped through she was cold, alone, and sad, so she thought of a happy place. She was dropped on the front step of an abandoned Victorian house with green lengthy vines that had weaved there way in and out of the house through windows and the doors. She consent rated to peel away the glamour, which had gotten easy for her with the help of Jace. Jace. The idea of him threatened tears to come, but she pushed the idea of him out of her mine. After the glamour was stripped from the building, she was greeted with a sign. 

Shadowhunter's California Institute

         All shadowhunters welcome

                She began to make her way to the door but saw a pare of ocean blue eyes starring at her from the window. She made eye contact with then and managed to get out a few words, "Excuse we, but why are you starring?" By the end of her words she could only let speak in a whisper voice. She wasn't scarred, but drained from all of the past events that she happened to in counter within the past few days. 

        The eye's vanished from her sight right after she finished those few words. With her surprise, they ended back up in front of her, opening the door, and this time attached with a body. She was greeted with a warm presents that radiated off the boy. He was decorated in a black team shirt with the band logo "Zedd" on it, black jeans, and black combat boots. He had fairly high check bones that were nothing less then perfect, and strait red hair just like hers, but a few shades darker. He looked at her and said

        "I was looking at you because your just so-" He was impatiently cut off by Clary who said, 

        "Because I'm what short, rampaged with freckles all over. Well your not that bad your self. You look like a hybrid."

        "Well I've never gotten that response. I was going to say beautiful. And hey, just because I have red hair and blue eyes doesn't mean that I still can't look good, by the way, I'm Levi" he replied with a smile plastered on his face. Clary felt welcomed by it. It wasn't fake, but playful."

        "I'm sorry I'm just- going through something right now. I have no where to go do I jumped through a portal and ended up here. I'm Clary. Clary Fray." she proceeded to tell him everything from her patents to Jace.

        He welcomed her inside and showed er around the institute. He turned out to be Clary's age and had a twin brother and a younger sister. His parents run the institute but they were in Idris for a clave meeting. Levi's twin brother was exactly like him, OR at least on the outside. His brother had a girlfriend that housed with them. Her name was Kat. She meet Clary at the same time as Levi's brother Lemmy. After meeting them, he showed me to her room. He offered to help her set up, but she told him that she got it. In reality she didn't want to Levi to see the photo of Jace that she brought.  It was the one where they went to the carnival and they were kissing at the top of the faris wheel. She remembered that light like it was yesterday. They stopped at the top, and her was afraid of heights. She scooted away from the edge and bumped into Jace. He looked over at her and gave his signature smirk, put his arm around her and said, "You okay Fray?" with  hint of humor in his voice. He held on to her for the rest of the night. But what she remembers the most was when they were at the top of the ride, he whispered in her ear, "I gotcha, I won't ever let you get hurt, or lose you."  They then sealed the promise with a kiss while Izzy surprised us and took a picture. She pretended to act mad, but she was secretly happy that it happened.

        She slumped down in my bed, unsure of what to do. She felt a presents at the door. It was a 14 year old girl. Clary thought to her self and remembered that Levi said that he had a younger sister. 

        "um, hi, I'm Alison. My brother said that we had someone else that was staying with us, so I desidd to come down and see you. I'm so happy to have another girl in the institute. Kat was beginning to drive me crazy."

        "I'm so happy that you guys let me stay with you guys in the institute. I'm Clary." They sat on her bed and talked for hours. They talked about everything from why Clary was there to Alison and everything about her,

        When she left, Clary was tired, so she passed out and thought about Simon. She called him, just to make sure that he was alright.

C- Hey, sorry I left. I couldn't stay there.

S-I noticed you left so I am at the institute. Where are you?

C- I'm sorry Simon. I had to leave. I couln't stay there after what happened. 

S- I understand. I'm about to enter Izzy's room. Would you like to talk to her?

C-okay... sure.

I- OMG Clary I'm so sorry. I'm an idiot, Jace is an idiot. Please come b-back home.

C- I can't come back, because that's not my home. It never was. I gotta go Izzy. I love you. Please don't try to find me. I need to work things out. Tell Alec I said so to, and don't call this number again. I'm getting a new number, a new life.

Izzy tried to reply to her word but Clary hung up. Little did Clary know that she was on speaker, and Jace was outside Izzy's door listening to every word she said. the last words that he would hear from her in almost 3 years.