fourteen

Ashlyn POV.

*buzz,buzz*

The harsh lighting in my room causes me to rub my eyes shut from a burning sensation, I was so tired. My head was pounding and my stomach was doing cartwheels. How much did I drink last night?

I grab my obnoxious phone from beside me and check who's calling. Sapnap.

"Hello." My voice sounded hoarse and my throat was dry as fuck.

"Well you sound rough." He laughs, his voice also sounding significantly deeper. It was kind of hot.

"What do you want, it feels like it's 6am." I yawn.

"I owe you a date."

Did I hear that right?

"Pardon?" My English accent sounded strong as I spoke.

"I said I owe you a date." He repeats himself.

Out of genuine shock I pull my phone from my ear and check once more to see who I was talking to, confirming it was Sapnap.

"I won't lie I'm shocked." I admit to him.

"Don't or I won't hesitate to make new plans." He was quick to stop me from making him feel even slightly embarrassed to be taking me on a date.

"Be ready for 1pm." He cuts off the call.

I have absolutely no idea where we will be going or what we will be doing which didn't bode well with my growling stomach. I check the time on my phone that reads 11am, not 6am like I originally thought.

I was excited, this would be our first outing alone that was planned in advance, instead of meeting in toilets. Sapnap has always been mysterious to me so I was hoping this date would help him open up some more. I hoped to even tell him more about myself.

For the first time I've woken up and not felt regret for getting close with him, because I enjoyed it and I know damn well he enjoyed it.

I yawn and take my phone off charge, I get out of my messy bed and make my way to the bathroom. When I'm face to face with my reflection I groan, my hair was knotted and greasy, my eyes had a small remanence of eyeliner smudged beneath them and I looked rough. That's how you know you drunk way too much the night before.

Grabbing my paddle brush from the counter top I slowly brush through my hair, hissing from pain when I reached a knot. When it's back to being smooth I undress and turn the shower on, making sure it's not too hot. At the perfect temperature I get in, I wash my hair, my face and my body then get out again.

I take the towel from the hanging rack to dry my body, leaving my wet hair dangling down my back. When I'm dry I wrap the towel around my body and face the mirror once again, I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth.

I felt fresh and less like I hadn't slept in 5 years but my head was still pounding slightly. I walk back through to my room and pop out two pain reliefs from my bedside table, swallowing them with some water.

I get changed into some black jeans, a white cropped tank top and slip a loose grey knitted cardigan over my shoulders. The weather was mixed as the sky looked clear but there was a small breeze in the air. I walk back into my bathroom and brush through my wet hair, giving myself a middle parting and running some serum through the ends.

When I'm happy with it I turn on my hair dryer and quickly blow dry it so I can straighten and style it. I flick my straighteners out when I reach the ends of my hair so that there is a slight wave at the bottom, doing the same with my shorter hairs at the front. Once I'm happy with my hair I move onto my makeup and choose to keep in more natural, only applying a concealed base and one coat of mascara, adding some brow gel to my brows.

"Ashlyn?" I hear a voice call out from another room.

I started to panic slightly as no one had keys to my apartment and I couldn't remember if I locked my door last night.

"You not ready yet?" The voice is suddenly behind me.

"Sapnap what the fuck." I jump at his presence.

"What?"

"How the fuck did you get in? And why didn't you knock."

"I have your keys and I don't knock, get used to it." He shrugs.

"What do you mean you have my keys?" Did I leave them at that house last night or did I drop them somewhere?

"When I brought you home you was practically passed out so I locked your door and took the keys." He acted like there was nothing wrong with his statement.

"Sapnap you can't do shit like that!" I shove his shoulder a little.

"What? I can't fucking bring you home so you don't get taken advantage of and then lock your door so you don't get murdered?" He shouts.

I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. I knew he was right and I was thankful that he brought me home, yet I was still angry that he chose to take my keys with him.

"What? Realised I'm right?" He responds to my speechless face.

"Thank you I guess." I huff, I didn't like that he was right.

"Just finish up whatever shit your doing and let's go." He walks out of my room.

I was annoyed as I looked at my reflection once again. I know he was doing a good thing by bringing me home if I was basically passed out and I know I should be grateful he locked the door instead of leaving me exposed. I just didn't like the idea that my safety was in his hands, I didn't know if I could trust him enough for that yet.

Sighing, I finish up my makeup and grab my phone and a small black bag. I walk out and down my short staircase, slipping on a pair of black shoes when I reach the bottom.

"After you." Sapnap stands with the front door open and the keys dangling from his hands, reminding me once again.

"Prick." I yank the keys from his hands and shut the door behind me, locking it and throwing the keys in my bag.

"Where are we even going?" I look ahead at Sapnap who was halfway down the staircase leading out of the apartment complex.

"We're getting food."

"Where?" I push for a definitive answer.

"Somewhere I hope I won't regret." His voice gets quiet at the end.

————————
A/N sorry for the short chapter, but next chapter will be longer!! I wanted to get another one out as it's been a while now.

I'm thinking of doing a DNF or Punz book next what would you prefer?

Also there's so much more exciting things to come in this book, it's far from being over ;)