sixteen

Ashlyn POV.

"Nice to see you again darling."

I felt sick. I didn't know why but his toothy smile and his deep rugged voice sent a horrid feeling through my body. He knew his words were affecting me given the visible shiver of my shoulders and for some reason I felt like he enjoyed it.

I stay silent.

"What's wrong? No camera in hand and suddenly you've forgotten how to speak." He is slow and taunting with his words.

He pulls out Sapnap's empty seat and sits himself in it, clearly he didn't plan on leaving me alone just yet. I clear my throat and pick up my full glass, taking a large gulp.

"I'm sorry but I didn't actually say you could sit?" I point to the stool he was now occupying.

"I wasn't aware I asked for your blessing?"

"I don't know who you are but I'm here with someone and when he sees you sitting here I can only pray for your life." I warn the careless man in front of me.

I didn't actually know if Sapnap would start a fight with this man, but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me.

"Darling, if you think I'm scared of that piece of shit you're delusional." He lets out a laugh.

I was confused, I had never seen this man other than at my work where I took his photo. All the times I've hung out with Sapnap and his friends at that house not once had I seen this man. I would have remembered his cursed eyes, the ones staring right through mine. So why was he talking about him like he knew exactly who I was here with.

"You know Sapnap?" Suddenly I felt stupid, proven once again that I really know nothing about Sapnap.  

"I've seen him around." He picks up Sapnap's glass and sniffs at the contents inside.

"Although I can't say I've ever seen him with someone as..." he pauses, his eyes examining my body, "as extravagant as you."

"Extravagant?" I can't help but laugh at his choice in describing me, I didn't know wether to be pleased or offended.

"You have a decent job and keep yourself presentable, do you really think a drug snorting boy like him would usually be seen with someone like you?" He wets his lips, connecting his eyes once again with mine.

"Oh and you think you're much better?" I scoff.

"You have no idea." He smirks, I had the feeling he meant something more than he was letting on.

"You can leave now, my date will be back any second." I put emphasis on the word date, no longer looking at him while I scan the room.

When my head reaches across from me again, he was no longer there, instead Sapnap's seat was empty. I was relieved he was gone, yet there was still an awful feeling in my stomach.

"What are you staring at?"

I look up next to me where Sapnap stood, also staring at his empty stool.

"Sorry, I was daydreaming." I choose to not mention the interaction I just had, I didn't want Sapnap to be in a sour mood once again.

"It shouldn't be long." He refers to the food he'd just ordered, the mention of it causing my stomach to grumble.

"So tell me Sapnap, do you have any siblings?" I try my luck at getting some information out of him.

"No."

"What about parents? Do you live-" I'm cut off.

"I don't want to talk about my family." I could see him becoming a little irritated at the mention of his family.