twenty-four

Ashlyn POV.

It was dark, to the point I was wondering if I was blind. I could hear everything, every twig snap, every hoot of the nighttime owls, every gasp of wind. But I was standing alone in complete darkness.

The hairs on my skin were raised and I could feel the surplus bumps forming down the length of my body. Cold. I felt freezing, like I'd been dipped in an ice bath then abandoned in a blizzard to freeze. But there was no blizzard, only the sinister silence of the night.

I could feel the gut wrenching tug at the pit of my stomach, the loss of sight only heightened the feeling. Something horrid was happening, something I had no control over. Instantly I felt sick, when I look down my hands aren't there. I feel the bones moving, I feel the signal from my brain to my hand, yet they weren't there.

That's when I smelt it.

A pungent stench of a metallic scent, it vividly reminded me of blood. It was so strong that I could almost taste it at the back of my throat.

"Shit!"

My body jumps, I feel my arms outstretch blocking anything from attacking me.

Silence.

A loud crash startles my sleeping body and instantly I'm upright in the centre of the large double bed. I could feel a bead of sweat rolling from my hairline to my jaw, which was clearly an effect from the dreadful dream I was having.

From in the hallway I could still hear loud noises, boxes being kicked and the sound of a body hitting against the hard interior walls.

"Fuck!" I hear a grunt, the noise now coming from directly outside my door.

The door handle turns and when the door is pushed open I'm face to face with a stumbling Sapnap. In the dimly lit room I could only just make out his messy brown hair and heavily clothed body. I didn't need my sight to smell the strong reek of alcohol radiating from him.

He was drunk.

"Hey." He closes the heavy door, causing it to shut with a bang. As he starts to walk closer I can make out the lazy smile on his face, his eyes were glossy and squinted. He looked like a giddy child.

I stay quiet. As much as he looked adorable in his oversized hoodie and grinning face, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of my time.

He moves again, this time to the other side of the bed, where there was a large empty space of duvet untouched. The side of bed I was expecting to find him sleeping in when we arrived home yesterday, but instead here he was at 3am only just coming back from wherever he had been.

"What's wrong?" He huffs as he slides himself into the bed, tugging at the duvet in the process.

I let out a laugh, not a laugh of happiness, but one of pure defeat. He walked into this room reeking of alcohol and goodness knows what else and he has the audacity to ask me what's wrong.

I knew that if I started talking to him now an argument would happen, so instead I turn so I'm facing away from him and lay back down to sleep. The room holds a echoing silence for a long time before he talks again.

"Will you ever not be mad at me." His voice sounded sad, if I was looking at him I was sure I'd see a forlorn look upon his face.

"Go to sleep Sapnap, it's 3am and I'm sure you need to wear off whatever shit you've taken."

"Answer me." He pushes. I feel his body move, now his arm was drooped lazily over my waist and I could feel his breath on my face.

"I'm not mad." I allow a loud sigh to escape my mouth.

"I didn't want to drink and it sure as hell took me some time to find a decent bar in this shit place." He slurs his words slightly the more he speaks.

"Stop." I sounded fed up, I felt fed up. He'd come to my home town and insulted it, we'd barely been here a day.

The room fell silent once more. I could still feel the weight of his arm pressed to my side, it wasn't long before the subtle breaths on my face started to become heavier.

"I missed you."

My body shivered, his lips must have been right beneath my ear. I hated the way my body reacted to him so quickly. I feel his fingers lightly make their way up my arm, the feeling was mesmerising.

"Did you miss me Ashlyn?" His words were soft in my ear, his tone demanding as though he needed me to say I missed him.

Nothing escapes my mouth, as much as he was affecting me I wasn't going to fall in his trap. My body stays still in my sideways position, my breathing increased slightly.

A gasp leaves my lips when my body is roughly flipped over, the duvet no longer wrapped around me. Instead I was caught in the addictive gaze of Sapnap's eyes, his dilated pupils burning holes into my shocked ones.

"I said..." he breaths out, his large heavy hand clasping my two nimble hands and pulling them up and over my head.

My body squirms under his grip.

"Did you miss me Ashlyn?" I could only just hear him as his lips pressed tightly to my exposed neck, sucking gently in sensitive spots.

"Sapnap..." his name falls from my lips in a helpless moan.

A smirk takes over his face and his grip on my hands tighten, which only made me pant harder. Out of frustration I bite my lip, he notices and brings his free hand up to my face. His thumb presses to my bottom lip, tugging it away from my teeth.

"Those fucking lips." He hums.

In his intoxicated state I found myself in awe of him swearing, it made the pit of my stomach burn. His whole presence made me hot.

"Suck." He demands.

"What?" My eyes widen a little at his request.

"Suck." He says again, this time moving his thumb onto the pad of my tongue.

I don't hesitate, gently I tighten my lips around his thumb and suck. I keep my eyes firmly locked onto his, humming in pleasure when his eyes grow darker. My mouth opens and I run my tongue along the bottom of his thumb, to the top, twirling when I reach the tip.

"Fuck." He coughs.

"I want you." I groan, the burning in my stomach only growing stronger.

My words spark something in him, he flips my body once more, this time so I'm facing the headboard on my knees. His hand was no longer clasped around mine, so I willingly grip onto the headboard preparing to steady myself.

My body voluntarily shudders when his cold hand is pleasuring me, his other ripping open a foil packet. My humming only grows louder when I feel him inside me, my head felt clouded and my body weak.

"Tell me you missed me Ashlyn." He pants, one hand pulling my hair.

"I missed-" I'm stopped by the stinging sensation of his hand slapping my arse, causing a moan to pass my lips.

"Fuck I missed you." I manage to finish my sentence.

His pace grows quicker, matching our faster groans. I feel his body begin to stiffen, making the pit in my stomach reach it's high. Together we fall breathlessly onto the large mattress, a smile spread on my face.

As my breathing slows, I hear snoring start to arise, sure enough Sapnap's eyes where tightly closed and his lips parted. Any hatred I felt towards this man diminished in this moment, right now I wanted to hold him as he peacefully sleeps.

As my eyes start to get heavy, I fall asleep to a continuous buzzing of a phone.