💛2

TW: slight mentions of homophobia

.•.•.•.•.
Not again. Please, not again. Why did this have to happen? What did they do to deserve this? This time, the others were helping each other out. They made sure to bring everyone in safety outside. There was no snow his time. Spring was soon, the sun was already shining carelessly. So happy. Like nothing is happening to them. Again.

The flames were reflecting in his eyes as he looked at their house. All their work. For nothing? You could hear Charles letting out a faint sob beside him, Lando's cries muffled by Carlos' embrace. Fernando, Seb and Lewis trying to find out what happened, panic audible in their voices. Max looked around with a sad look. "It's all your fault!" Max blinked up in suprise to see Daniel.

His gaze was angry, furious even. Max gulped, suddenly feeling so small. "W-what?" His eyes were connected with those brown chocolate eyes. Those eyes that were normally so gentle. The once that brought a smile on his face. Not this time. This time they brought fear. Max didn't understand. Many things were his fault, he knew, but what could he do about this? Their newly made house up in bright flames.

Daniel began ranting, taking out his anger in deeply hurtful words. It reminded Max of himself. He knew how he took out his anger sometimes. Max tries his best, but it just bursts open sometimes. He didn't want to do that. He felt instant regret everytime something like that happened. He said sorry, he repeated it. Sorry, sorry, sorry. This was all he could say to Daniel now.

While the Mclaren driver held on to his dreadful words, Max looked away from his eyes for a few seconds only. His eyes drawled off to the end of the garden. His gaze kept holding on to one specific spot. All of the sudden, a person stood there. Max couldn't make out who it was. He squeezed his eyes.

He looked, and looked. His eyes widen when he noticed that grin. That grin seemed way too similar to just be from a stranger. His mind started to feel fuzzy, it hurt. He could hear his own breathing got heavier and his heart beats almost started to hurt in his ears. He was close to a panic attack, he could sense it. The person wasn't alone anymore.

Then, everything turned blank.

"Maxy.. wake up.." a faint voice spoke up. Max groaned as the person shook him like his life was depending on it. Just then he noticed the hot tears rolling down his cheeks onto his pillow, making it uncomfortable to lie on. Max sat up immediately, knowing what had just happened. Sweat mixed with the tears as his eyes fluttered open. He was met with Daniel sitting besides him on the bed.

Max flinched, crawling backwards with a whine. "Max, shh, it was just a nightmare" Daniel said, brows knotting in a way to see that he was worried about his friend. What is happening inside of his head? Daniel asked himself. Too much. He slowly reached out his hand towards Max's face. The Dutchman kept his anxious look, looking deeply into Daniel's eyes.

They were nothing like that in his nightmare. Now, his eyes were filled with affection, worry, care and.. love. "I'm so sorry for whatever your mind is doing to you Max" Daniel's voice was barely above a whisper. "W-what time is it?" Max asked, rubbing away the tears and the sleep from his eyes. Daniel smiled, caressing a hand over Max's pale jawline. "4 in the morning" Daniel replied with a light chuckle

"Why are you awake?" Max asked, one eyebrow raising in confusion. "You were sleep talking. I checked up on you and it looked like you were having a nightmare" Daniel said, smiling at Max. Max just let out a soft 'hm', thinking about what that nightmare was. He had nightmares quite often recently, but this one seemed too.. real? Like it was trying to tell Max something.