💛12

Hi everyone!!
Sorry this took so long to post :c it's quite a heavy angsty chapter and long too, so be prepared! I put a TW somewhere, but the rest is pretty mild. Obviously some comfort at the end, like always :)) I hope you'll enjoy!!🧡

This chapter took place after they returned home from Austria (2) !!

.•.•.•.•.

To be home again was so nice, for most of them. Especially after being away for three weeks. Sleeping in your own bed, relaxing in the all too familiar living room, or jumping in the swimming pool that was always a few degrees too cold. Yea, finally they were back at home, together. Life felt good like this, with everyone in a peaceful environment, settled in the calm and silent hills of the village.

And even though it was nice to finally be back home, something was feeling off. There was a tense atmosphere at the house, and Charles was the only one that really didn't want to know what was the cause of that. You might wonder why? Well, he was deeply scared that he was the reason behind the unfamiliar tension. And he didn't mean to feel like that, but it was almost like he was forced to do so.

Ever since the incident with Mazespin, he could barely catch his hours of sleep that he desperately needed. He was scared for the consequences it might bring, because he was 90% sure the Russian had either heard or saw him after the phone call. There had been a pit in his stomach since this morning, worse than other days, and he just didn't want to find out what caused him to feel like that. He knew he'd end up hurt anyways, and he didn't want that.

He sat at the dog house for a while, adoring the new born puppies while the sun was shining brightly. It would cool down later this afternoon, but now, at around 11 AM, the sun was lovely. He smiled as he saw the garlands hanging around the dog house, and the tons of toys bought for the puppies. Enrico was laying next to Charles on the grass, head resting on his lap as Charles ran a hand over the dog's head.

Charles sighed deeply. "Do you know it, Enrico? Can you help me out?" He whispered to the dog, not even caring how stupid he may look or sound. "Neither do I Enrico, neither do I" Charles leaned his head against the wood of the dog house, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to enjoy the smell of summer. Whatever was about to happen, Charles knew it was very much wrong, and he didn't like it that he couldn't know what it exactly was.

"Well, I think I'll be heading inside now buddy. Pierre wanted to play some Fifa with me. Bet that I'll beat him easily" Charles said with a little grin, leaning down to place a kiss on Enrico's head as the dog slowly crawled up, yawning. Charles smiled down at the puppies again, giving Aimee a caress over her head as well before he stood up and walked back to the house.

He headed inside, smiling at how Daniel and Max was fighting over the TV-remote, while Carlos was watching them with an amused smile. Lando was laying in his arms, sleeping tight. Carlos smiled at his teammate, giving him a little wave. Charles returned one with a nod, before he strolled off to the hallway. He headed upstairs and made his way over to his room on the complete opposite side. Always his luck, right?

Charles suddenly felt a hand grab his arm, pulling him inside hard. The Monegasque gasped in surprise as he stumbled in whoever's room he ended up in. He looked up, one eyebrow cocked up until he saw who it was. Mazespin grabbed him by his throat, pulling him upwards against the wall and pinning him against it harshly. Charles was utterly confused and went pale in shock, eyes wide as he looks at the Russian.

"Look, Charles, I know you know something, more than you should. I want to make something very clear" he whispered just loud enough for Charles to hear, while Charles struggled to catch the air. The grip Mazespin had on his throat hurt incredibly much, squeezing it painfully hard. "If you talk to anyone about this, or the phone call you heard back in Austria, there will be consequences"