𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"You can take this one," Don spoke, showing me a black charger he had parked out back

Since the car I had was full of bullet holes pilled into it and no damn windows, I needed something new to drive. This was the last favor I asked.

"What do you want for it?" I questioned

"Just take it, I owe your uncle so this is me repaying that debt through you." He nodded.

He handed me the keys before beginning to walk off, "I wish both you and your friend the best of luck King, god knows you're gonna need it"

With that he disappeared into the restaurant, leaving me alone with nothing but his words.

I shook my head before quickly getting into the car and pulling off.

Thank god the windows were tinted, everywhere I went I had to watch my back now.

I took as many back roads as possible on my way home, speeding basically just to make it back safely.

Once I made it, I checked my surroundings intently before exiting the car and quickly making my way to the front door.

I unlocked the door in damn near record time before entering the house.

The moment I walked in I was immediately embraced by a pair of arms.

"I hate you," Elijah spoke, while he was still wrapped around me tightly.

I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just hugged him back.

"You said two hours, it's been like 6." He ranted, "and then on the news they were talking about a big shoot out down town."

"Lijah..." I sighed.

"No I'm not done, so then I tried calling the burner to see if you were okay and you didn't answer, TWICE." He spoke

shit, I didn't even notice.

"Lijah." I repeated.

"You made it very clear that if you didn't answer I was suppose to run, but as you can see I'm still here!" He ranted.

"Elijah." I said yet again, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Stop saying my name and let me cuss you out!" He groaned.

"shorty can you shut the fuck up for a minute, please!" I said loudly.

His eyes widened for moment but the pissed off look he had before returned immediately

"fine." He crossed his arms, "but I'm not done."

"we need to talk." I told him, causing him to contort his face.

"You're uncle already brought me your portion of the money." He shook his head.

"Not about that, come hea," I spoke, grabbing his hand and basically dragging him up stairs.