𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

"ready?" Elijah questioned, staring down at me with both the cloth and alcohol in hand

As good as this day had been going, I still needed to take care of this gunshot wound, and since I only had one arm, I needed Elijah to help me.

Tomorrow would be the last day we were at this safe house before we'd have to meet at the airfield.

I nodded in response to his question.We needed to be good for that, we couldn't risk anything.

"Okay, well, it's gonna burn, but you already know that—Uh, just don't get mad at me." Elijah spoke, scratching the nape of his neck nervously.

"why would I get mad at you baby.." I chuckled.

"don't know, I would usually get mad at doctors after they gave me shots, I would associate the person with the pain so.." he shrugged.

"well I won't do that." I nodded.

He reciprocated my nod before leaning down to pour alcohol over the wound, causing me to groan lowly.

"sorry, sorry." He apologized sympathetically.

"you good," I told him, watching as he dried it before grabbing the Vaseline from the cabinet.

He scooped a bit with his finger, then gently applied it to the wound.

"you okay?" He questioned.

"I'm straight," I chuckled, finding how concerned he was to be me amusing.

He snorted at my choice of words causing me to roll my eyes.

Once the ointment was all applied, he wrapped the bandage around my arm and taped it.

"All done." He smiled proudly.

From my position on top of the toilet lid he was taller than me, but the moment I stood up I towered over him again.

I walked over to the mirror and eyed his job before nodding.

"good job shorty." I spoke, looking over at him.

"yeah, I did do a good job didn't I." He said cockily, taking a seat on top of the sink, eyeing our reflection in the mirror.

I shook my head and grabbed his chin with my good arm, leaning down to kiss him.

I held it for a while, not even having to fight for the dominance, he granted me that immediately—allowing my tongue free reign around his mouth.