𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

When that garage door opened and we made eye contact with three separate officers my heart dropped

Both me and Elijah were completely silent as we watched them stare back at us.

They were all black, three different complexions, but black.

There were much more police cars than there were officers that we could see so I'm pretty sure the others went through the front of the house and sent the other three to the garage.

I felt Elijahs hand grasp mine and clench it tightly, never taking his eyes off the police in front of us.

Oddly enough, the officers were just staring back at us, they hadn't even raised their guns yet. They looked almost as shocked to see us as we were to see them.

"Officer James, Officer Edward, Officer Mike, you three there ?," I heard from their walkie talkies, that's how quiet it was.

I'm pretty sure the snap of a finger would sound like a firecracker right now.

Slowly the one in the middle lifted his and spoke, "Yes sir, we're here," he responded, keeping his eye contact on us.

While the one in the middle spoke, the other two looked over at him, guess he was the one in charge out of the three.

"Anything you see, any signs of the suspects?" I heard from the walkie talkie again.

He waited for a moment then turned around, the two that stood on opposite sides of him looked at each other before doing the same, all of their backs facing towards me and Elijah.

"No sir, we're all clear over here, we're heading to the house now." He said.

He turned around on last time and gave us a nod, before running off.