𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

We continued to walk for about fifteen minutes before we finally made it to the airfield

With had nothing but two guns, the clothes on our back, and the singular bag with our map and two water bottles in it.

The sun beamed down on us both, exhausting us, leaving us sweaty, tired, and drained.

"they should be hea any second." I panted, wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand.

Before Elijah could respond, a car pulled up, immediately I walked ahead of Elijah to see who it was, but relaxed when he realized it was Trevante, who we'd ended up calling.

Of course he agreed to help us, just, on one condition...

He exited his car quickly and ran up to us, staring at the bare airfield in question.

"Where's your guy?" He questioned.

"we still got at least an hour before the plane gets hea" I answered honestly.

"Im guessing from what you described over the phone, you didn't really have a choice but to come early." He spoke.

I nodded silently and looked over at Elijah who was still silent.

"you okay?" Trevanate asked him, causing my eyes to dart over at him.

"Im fine" Elijah replied lowly, hugging at my side tightly.

I rubbed his back calmly in response as I looked over at Trevante, who seemed to be taken back by both gestures.

Whatever he was thinking, he shook it off and spoke again, "well we probably shouldn't just sit out here in the open. We can sit in my car in the mean time." he suggested.

I looked over at Elijah who just shrugged in response.

"aight." I said lowly, it was no doubt the exhaustion getting to me.

Slowly we made our way to the car, both Lijah and I taking our seats in the back, Leaving Trevante up front by himself. After walking in heat so long, it was nice to feel some damn AC.

" so, King, you thought about what I said?" I heard randomly, making eye-contact with Trevante through the rear view mirror.

I already knew what he was referencing, what he had asked me on the phone call earlier.

" think about it? you make it seem like I had a choice," I shot back

"If I said no would you have still came?"

He stayed silent in response causing me to nod knowingly.

"My question is, why, why do you wanna run away with us, when you have everything you could want here?"

"Everything? Come on now King, you know better than anybody, this life is more of a death wish than a blessing."

He had a point, but still why choose to run with two fugitives , instead of going alone.