𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

I spent about fifteen seconds on each isle, grabbing at things that'd last long

I spent about fifteen seconds on each isle, grabbing at things that'd last long. We would only spend about two weeks at the safe house which meant it wouldn't be smart to get things that needed to be preserved.

I did grab a couple of meats and frozen vegetables just for meals for the days we wouldn't be traveling.

But honestly, I was just trying to get in and out as quick as possible.

Thankfully, so far Adio was right, and similar to the Motel we stayed at a couple of days ago, this place was so far out In the boonies, no one had a clue who we were, and I wanted to keep it that way.

As I did a mental recheck on all the things I had, I approached the cashier, trying my best to shakily pull out the money Adio had given me.

After telling me my total, the cashier gave me a questioning look.

"you okay sir," she asked as she watched my nervous fingers struggle to count the money.

She was a middle aged white woman, blond haired and blue eyes,, though her skin lost its prior radiance due to the obvious smoke Addiction she had.

Her lips looked calloused and rugged, once again most likely a side affect from the cigarettes.

"Y-yeah um, sorry." I chuckled nervously, handing her the money.

She counted it slowly, then shined it up at the light, then looked back at me in question, "can I see some ID?"

Her strained, rather deep voice reeked of suspicion. I'm not sure where the suspicion even came from though.

I gave her a puzzled look before responding, "I'm paying with cash not card, there's no need."

Immediately I began to get a bad feeling in my stomach.

"Look ma'am I'm in a rush." I spoke, looking around slightly.

She gave me one last look before unloading the cash in the register and handing me my change.

In the time it took for her to basically interrogate me, I'd already bagged up my groceries.

Quickly after I was rung up I pushed the cart away, only to hear the cashiers voice once again.