00. prologue

✧✧✧

No one quite knows what to think when a child is placed on their doorstep and left with only a note.

This was the situation Akira Miller found himself in.

It was supposed to be a normal day, as every day should be. He had just moved out of his mother's house, which was a big step, and he was still riding a high from that. As he was cooking his breakfast there was a knock at the door of his flat.

When he opened it, he expected to see a package, or maybe one of his friends, instead he found a bundle of blankets with a note on top.

The note detailed that this child was his, and also something called a 'demigod.'

Akira, at first, thought this was some sort of prank and was prepared to turn the strange child away. But after some evaluation, he realized that leaving a child unattended wasn't the smartest idea.

Shortly after this he was visited by the very woman who had carried the child. She explained that she was in fact a goddess and that their child was a demigod. She explained the concept of Camp Half-Blood and the steps Akira would have to take to keep the child safe.

Akira was confused as to how she had had a child already when they had only done anything together a week before. It of course, was because she was a goddess and could do what she wanted.

"What shall you name her?" The goddess asked.

"Shouldn't you be the one to decide that? Being a goddess and all?" Akira asked.

The woman shook her head. "It is your choice."

"Well my family doesn't have any 'traditions' for names. And either way I wouldn't follow it." Akira said. A name came to mind, and he thought it was perfect. "What about calling her Cordelia?"

"A good choice," The goddess nodded. "I must now leave you, Akira Miller."

And when Akira looked back up, she was gone. And he figured he wouldn't be hearing from her for a long time, he wouldn't be surprised to never hear from her again.

The first thing Akira did was send a letter to his closest friend, briefly explaining what had happened, of course leaving out the whole Greek Mythology part.

Regulus Black showed up to Akira's flat in record speed.

Regulus was the one of the few people from his childhood that he still kept in contact with. All of the others were to the point of no return when it came to their prejudices.

"I thought you were joking," Regulus said, staring down at the child, who was now in a crib.

"That's reasonable," Akira replied.

"I hope I'm this child's godfather and you've actually called me over here for something important."

Akira let out a laugh. "Well that was the plan, yes."

"Thank god," Regulus let out a dramatic sigh. "If your answer was any different we would be having a problem."

Akira laughed again.

"Have you told Ana? Or your mother?"

"I'll tell Ana next," Akira said. "My mother is a completely different story."

"Well you're going to have to tell them eventually."

"Unfortunately."

✧✧✧

After two months and a lot of encouragement, Akira finally got the confidence to tell his mother that she was a grandmother.

She didn't take it as well as he had hoped.

Apparently Akira was 'irresponsible' and 'foolish' for having a child this young, which was probably true. But the least she could do was support him.

"And this child doesn't even have a mother?" Dorothy said.

"Well obviously she does--"

Dorothy whipped her head towards him with a challenging glare, causing him to stop talking.

"She has a mother, just one who's probably a whore and has abandoned you."

Akira was fuming, but stayed silent. "I'm willing to raise this child on my own. With or without your support."

"You won't make it," Dorothy called after him as he left. "This is a mistake for you, Akira."

He didn't turn back.

He didn't acknowledge the venom that dripped dangerously off of her words. Like a warning. A threat.

Because the happiness he found in his new family was very short lived.

Regulus discovered a way to take down the Dark Lord, something the two had been plotting for some time.

Akira trusted his other childhood friend, Anastasia, who was to keep watch over Cordelia and her own child, Maia, while Kreacher would Apparate them to the cave.

It was safe to say that Akira and Regulus narrowly escaped with their lives.

But when someone steals from the Dark Lord, they can't exactly walk around and expect nothing bad to happen.

So to the world, Regulus Black, Akira Miller, and Cordelia Miller were dead.

a/n:

rewrite of the prologue

things on the pjo side are gonna be majorly different, but not so much on the hp part. so things should be back to normal by the time it gets to hogwarts.

also edit: cordelia's probably gonna get claimed like right away because i don't have any patience