19. rainbows

✧✧✧

The first thing Lia did when she got back to her dorm was lock herself in the bathroom and pull out a drachma. She had checked to see that Elizabeth and Veda were still in the common room so that they wouldn't overhear her. She started the shower and shone a light through it to create a rainbow*.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me Travis Stoll at Camp Half-Blood." Lia said quietly, still paranoid that her roommates would hear.

After a couple seconds, the water began to shimmer and the faces of Travis and Connor Stoll appeared.

"What's up, Lia?" Connor greeted with a smile.

"Hey guys. Guess what I just did?" Lia replied, holding back her grin.

"What'd you do?" Travis asked.

"Well I was in the bathroom--"

"Hey is that my shirt?" Travis pointed out.

"No," Lia lied. The boy obviously didn't believe her.

"I've been looking for that," the boy mumbled.

"Anyways, I knocked out a troll." Lia said excitedly.

"They have trolls there?" Connor asked with wide eyes.

Lia nodded rapidly. "I was in the bathroom with my friend when this troll came in. And honestly I don't even know how I'm still alive. I just kinda slashed at it and hopped around until it worked out."

"I'm surprised too," Travis said. "We only trained you for like a week."

"Well evidently I got the slashing down before I had to come here," Lia said.

"Evidentaly you did," Connor said, mispronouncing the word.

"How is magic school?" Travis asked, leaning forward slightly.

"It's fine. There's this one teacher who's a bully, but other than that it's good." Lia said.

"Why would a grown man be bullying someone?" Connor asked.

"That's a great question, which I wish I knew the answer to."

Connor and Travis laughed.

"How are your classes going?" Travis asked.

"Good, I think. I'm not doing amazing but I'm not doing horrible either. It's weird because the subjects are so much different than the ones I learned until now, but also I already had basic knowledge for them." Lia explained. "It's so weird here. But I like it."

"How much different is it from the regular world though?" Connor asked. "Apart from being magical, of course."

"There's no technology."

Travis and Connor gasped.

"And everyone wears such weird clothing. It's all robes and long cape things, it's like I'm living in Medieval times." Lia threw her hands up in exasperation, making Connor laugh. "I'm over here wearing my regular clothes and slippers while everyone else is either in their uniform or dress pants and blouses."