11. diagon alley

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

When Cordelia emerged into Diagon Alley, she was more than surprised. She had been inside the MACUSA headquarters before, but that was much different than this. The MACUSA headquarters were more modern and a combination of magic and no-maj technology. Whereas Diagon Alley was completely magic and looked very old-timey.

In the windows of shops were broomsticks, books, and potions that glimmered in the sunlight. Akira said that he and Regulus would go to purchase her books and other school supplies while she went to get a wand.

As she was entering the wand shop, a small little boy was exiting. He looked suspiciously like Percy, which made Cordelia freeze and stare for a moment.

"Have I spilled something on myself?" He asked, looking down at his clothes, a British accent showing in his voice.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to stare, you just look a lot like someone I know and it freaked me out a bit." Cordelia laughed a bit at the end to try and make it less awkward. The boy's eyes widened.

"You're American?" He said.

Cordelia nodded. "Yep!" The boy opened his mouth to respond, but she cut him off. "I have to get my wand, but it was nice meeting you! Maybe I'll see you at school!"

She walked fully into the wand shop and the door shut behind her, leaving the green-eyed boy confused. But anyway, he walked off to go finish his shopping.

"Hello?" Cordelia called. A moment later, a grey-haired man popped out from behind a stack of wands.

"Welcome, welcome," The man said. "And who are you?"

"I'm C- Lia Kim," Cordelia caught herself. The man either didn't seem to notice the slip up, or didn't care. "Are you Mr. Ollivander?"

He nodded. "I don't get very many Americans in my shop."

"Well I would presume that's because your shop is in England." Cordelia replied, not thinking. Mr. Ollivanders eyes shone with amusement.

"Yes, that does make quite a lot of sense." He muttered. Mr. Ollivander then walked off into the back of his shop, returning shortly with a stack of wands in his arms. He opened the first box. "Ash, Unicorn hair, ten and a half inches, quite flexible. Give it a swish."

Cordelia cautiously took the wand and waved it once in front of her. A light in front of her subsequently shattered.

"Perhaps not." Mr. Ollivander took the wand back and placed it in the box. He looked over the other wands before selecting another. "Hmm, perhaps this one. Acacia, Phoenix feather, eleven inches."

He held the wand out and Cordelia again took it from him. This time, instead of something breaking, a warm, comfortable feeling spread over Cordelia's body, starting at her fingers.

"Yes, I think that's the one." Mr. Ollivander smiled. He took the wand back and placed it in its box. "That'll be seven galleons."

Cordelia fished through her pockets for the money that her fathers had given her, and handed the wand-maker seven galleons. 

"Have a wonderful day, Ms. Kim." Mr. Ollivander said as she was leaving the shop.

"Thanks, you too."

"I look forward to seeing how that wand suits you in the future."

Cordelia went to ask about what he meant, but he had already disappeared into the back of his shop. Weird, she thought.

She found her dads near the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron, holding bags filled with her stuff.

"Well? You got your wand?" Akira asked. Cordelia nodded happily and handed him the box. He and Regulus began to inspect the wand, and Cordelia looked around the rest of the alley, taking it in.

Walking down the alley towards them, was a boy with the palest skin she had ever seen, and next to him an older version of him that looked ten times more mean.

"Dad, who's that?" She tugged on Akira's sleeve.

Akira turned, and when he spotted them, he turned pale. "We have to go."

"Oh shit." Regulus said, spotting them as well. "I knew we should have worn the wigs! Of course Lucius fucking Malfoy would be here.

"Who's that?" Cordelia asked again.

Akira didn't answer, he simply grabbed her arm and dragged her through the Leaky Cauldron and back to the fireplace.

"Let's go home, I'll explain everything there."

Cordelia nodded.

Regulus went first and threw down the Floo Powder, green flames enveloping him. Then Cordelia went, she made sure to close her eyes and shut her mouth so soot wouldn't fly in them.

Shortly after she emerged in their apartment, Akira did as well.

"That, was Lucius Malfoy." Regulus said. "A dreadful boy that we grew up with. He was the golden pureblood boy because he married someone richer than him and had a perfect little son."

"Who did he marry?" Cordelia asked, more interested in that than the fact that her fathers knew him.

"My cousin," Regulus said with a grim face. "Narcissa."

a/n:

i started school so im not gonna be able to update as much

also we're getting into the hp bits now