09. percy freaking jackson

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

Cordelia finally got to meet the famous Percy Jackson everyone had been talking about. And truth be told, he was a lot scrawnier then she expected him to be.

From what she had been told, she at least expected him to be a little taller. And maybe have a little more muscle.

But no.

This boy was shorter than her and had noodle arms. It was a miracle he was still alive after fighting Ares and completing a quest. But to be fair he had two others there to help him the majority of the time.

When Cordelia looked him in the eye, she genuinely thought he was slightly intimidated by her, which was completely fine.

He had been back from his quest for about a day when Cordelia and her crew returned. 

They of course got an earful from Chiron about leaving camp and causing trouble, but he let it slide when he saw they had brought a new camper.

Kayla was quickly claimed by Apollo, as expected, and went to go join her siblings with one last wave towards Cordelia.

While she did get a lecture from Chiron, she also got a talking to from her sister, Silena.

Silena went on about how she had been worried sick when Cordelia had gone missing. But she stopped when their head counsellor, Asher, said it was alright. It was like Cordelia had gone on her own little mission.

As the Fourth of July approached, Silena would tell Cordelia the inside scoop about the firework show, since she was close with one of the Hephaestus kids who was doing it, Charles Beckendorf.

Cordelia had seen Fourth of July fireworks before, but according to her sister, these would be the best ones she would ever see. She was originally going to sit with Silena, but as soon as she saw the girl walk off with Charles, she let them be.

She saw the satyr from before, Grover, walking away from two people on the beach. Cordelia recognized one of them as Percy, and thought she should properly introduce herself. She tapped the girl next to him on the shoulder, who whipped around to face her.

"Hi, I thought I would introduce myself." She said. "I'm Cordelia."

The girl with the blonde hair smiled. "Annabeth." 

Somehow their conversation twisted into one about their favorite weapons and said weapons effectiveness in battle. Percy awkwardly sat on the side watching the fireworks.

"While I love hearing about your knives and such, the finale is starting." Percy butted in.

Cordelia and Annabeth made eye contact and began to laugh. But nonetheless, the two faced the ocean and watched Spartan warriors fight in a battle before they all exploded into a million colors.