29. daddy's money

sorry this took so long

BUT I WANTED TO FINISH THIS SO I COULD SAY THANK YOU FOR 100k READS

THANK YOU SO MUCH

ENJOY

✧✧✧

Lia's limbs were still sore. It was getting better, sure, but it still hurt. By the time she went to bed, she would feel slightly okay, but then the morning would come and she'd have to do her workout all over again.

Valentine's day was closing in and all Lia would see was gross, lovey-dovey couples roaming the grounds.

Elizabeth was talking about how she was excited for the holiday. She loved the atmosphere and the decorations and the chocolate. Lia could only agree with the chocolate. She never really liked Valentine's day because her dads would always act weird and gross on that day.

The only good thing that came out of Valentine's day was discounted chocolate afterwards.

Lia was walking back to her dorm, when her attention was caught by a poster on the message board. The quidditch team would be losing a couple seventh years soon, and they already wanted to find replacements. She walked up to the poster, fully preparing to show up to the tryouts that Marcus Flint was planning.

"It's not even worth it," a voice said. It was the girl from the quidditch game. "They'll never let you on the team."

"And why's that?"

"They have a pretty strict 'no girls' policy," she said.

"But you were on the team?" Lia faced her. She was leaning against the wall, her tall frame towering over Lia.

"I was an exception."

"Then what happened?"

"The old captain let me on, and when Marcus Flint got the role he wanted to kick me, but there was no one good enough to take my spot." She pushed herself off the wall and started walking across the room. "Then I got a couple too many concussions and Flint was more than willing to kick me and say that I wasn't fit to play."

"Knew he was a jerk..." Lia said, mostly to herself.

"Jerk?" she laughed. "You gotta learn a better insult. My personal favorite is 'shithead' "

Lia stared up at her, brows furrowed.

"I feel like I've already told you this, but I'm Sabine." She stuck out her hand, which Lia hesitantly shook.

"I'm Lia."

"Nice to meet you."

"Do you have any tips to get on the team?" Lia asked, grasping onto any hope.

"The only thing I can suggest is injuring the current beaters. Then you can take their place."

She stared at Sabine incredulously. "Do you always resort to violence?"

"Pretty much." She shrugged. "But in all seriousness, they won't let you on. No matter how good you are. It sucks but that's just how it is. Unless you can convince Malfoy to buy you a way onto the team next year, you're out of luck."