28. step one to becoming clarisse 2.0

✧✧✧

Once again on Platform 9 ¾, Lia didn't want to say goodbye to her parents. She'd had an amazing time over the break and was sad to go again. Akira, too, was feeling sentimental, pulling out a tissue to wipe his eyes and blow his nose.

Lia hugged him tightly. "I'll see you in June."

"I know, but that's so far away," Akira huffed. Regulus rolled his eyes.

"So dramatic..."

"Says you! You've got the Black family genes! That inherently makes you more dramatic than anyone else near you." Akira replied.

"Except for my brother," Regulus snorted. "He's worse."

Lia scrunched her nose. "I don't think I'd be able to deal with someone more dramatic than you."

"You probably won't," he replied. Lia laughed.

"We'll see you in a couple months, yeah?" Akira said.

"Yeah," Lia replied with a smile. She hugged each of them, boarding the train afterwards. She walked through the hallway, looking for any sign of her friends.

A flash of orange caught her attention. She peered in the compartment. Oops, wrong ginger.

Another flash of orange caught her attention. She opened the compartment door and smiled down at her friends. Elizabeth shot up from her seat and pulled Lia into a hug.

"I missed you so much," Elizabeth mumbled.

"I missed you too," Lia replied. "I missed you as well, Veda."

"I guess I missed you." Veda leant her head on her palm and looked out the window. Lia smiled and pulled Veda into a hug from the side.

"How was your Christmas?" Lia asked.

"It was amazing! Veda's house was so much better than staying here for two weeks." Elizabeth began. She recounted every single event from the past two weeks in about five minutes. Lia hardly understood a word she said, but she listened nonetheless. "What about you?"

"I spent a week with my siblings, which was really fun." Lia said with a smile. "My sister, Drew, bought me a bunch of clothes and they're so cool."

"Oh! I just remembered! Those necklaces you got us are amazing." Elizabeth exclaimed, pulling her necklace out from under her shirt. Veda did the same. Lia smiled brightly and showed them her matching one. "Oh my god...this is so cool. We have matching necklaces. This officially means we're best friends."

"No it doesn't."

"Oh, yes it does."

"It totally does."

"Fine."

The door to the compartment slid open. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" Hermione asked.

"Of course," Lia smiled. "No Harry and Ron?"

"No, they stayed at school for the break," Hermione explained.