21. snow!

✧✧✧

They had managed to get Veda to bed without any difficulties. Those only came in the morning when the blonde girl woke up.

She was extremely disoriented, waking up in a different place than she fell asleep, and therefore lashed out. Luckily, the only thing that ended up being broken was a window.

Veda had freaked out about it, but Lia fixed it with a simple reparo and assured her there was no reason to stress.

"You need to cheer up, Veda," Lia smiled. "You only broke the window, it's not a big deal."

Veda looked up at her, expressionless, and then looked back down. Elizabeth looked absolutely terrified of Veda and said nothing.

The three were on their way to Potions, not looking forward to the class. Professor Snape was still just as bad of a teacher as the beginning of the semester. But Lia didn't really expect him to change.

"Today we will be brewing the Wiggenweld Potion," Professor Snape announced. "The Wiggenweld Potion is a healing potion that can cure injuries and acts as an antidote to the Sleeping Draught and the Draught of Living Death."

Some students, like Veda, were scribbling down notes diligently, while others were only half-heartedly listening.

Professor Snape gave them the instructions and left them to make the Potions by themselves.

After a while, Lia had gotten her potion to the turquoise color that had been described on the board.

"Professor! I think I'm done!" Lia called. Professor Snape snapped his book shut and walked over incredibly slow.

He looked down into the cauldron and inspected it. "Passable."

Lia smiled with pride.

Professor Snape turned to walk back to his desk and 'accidentally' knocked the side of Lia's cauldron.

The cauldron began to tumble to the ground and Professor Snape watched, not doing anything.

This was one of the times when Lia could not be more grateful of her fast reflexes. She grabbed her wand from her pocket and pointed it in the general direction of the cauldron. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

The cauldron and all its contents were floating midair.

Lia slowly guided the cauldron back to the table and set it down, acutely aware of all the eyes that watched her.

"What a show off..." Snape trailed off, seemingly lost in thought. Or that was just how he naturally talked, Lia couldn't tell.

"I only saved my potion, Professor," Lia said.

"And talking back," Professor Snape said.

"Professor, you said my potion was passable and it almost knocked over. I just stopped it from spilling so I could get credit for it."

Professor Snape said nothing else and walked away. Lia frowned, now not in a good mood. She collected some of her potion into a small vile and labeled it with her name.