18. oh no! trolls!

✧✧✧

The leaves had started to turn yellow, and Lia couldn't be happier. Autumn was by far her favorite season, mainly just because of how pretty it is, but also because she loved the weather.

What didn't make Lia happy was the fact that Harry Potter had made the Gryffindor Quidditch team. As a first year.

She should have expected it, him getting special treatment, but she still hated it. Yeah sure they needed a seeker, but they didn't need to resort to that. They could have gotten a perfectly good seeker who actually qualified to play quidditch, and then taken Harry the next year. But of course it didn't work like that.

Lia had heard Fred and George Weasley talking about it in the hallways, and assumed that she wasn't supposed to know about it, so she told the Slytherin quidditch captain, who kept it to himself but thanked her for the information.

As she walked through the halls she appreciated the Halloween decorations that had been strung up around the corridors. The Great Hall now had floating pumpkins mixed in with the candles which were now burning a green flame. 

At breakfast Veda had yet again ignored Elizabeth and Lia by marching off. She would barely acknowledge them in the dorm, but Lia supposed that was better than nothing.

The Halloween feast was supposed to be that night, but truth be told, Lia really just wasn't in the mood. She could very easily steal some food from the kitchens later if she got hungry. So while the rest of the school and staff on their way to the Great Hall for dinner, Lia walked aimlessly around the school.

She ducked inside of random rooms and corridors she didn't even know existed. Eventually she found herself needing to use the restroom so she entered the nearest one.

Though her main priority was to relieve herself, that changed when she heard the sound of someone crying in one of the stalls.

"Um, hi, I don't know who's crying, but are you okay?" Lia said.

"I'm fine."

"Well that was a stupid question, obviously you're not since you were crying." Lia replied.

One of the stalls opened slowly to reveal the girl who had been crying.

"Hermione? Hey, what happened?" Lia rushed forward and enveloped Hermione in a hug, which the she sunk into.

"Just Harry and Ronald being jerks," she sniffled.

Lia sighed deeply. "Of course."

"They said that I'm a nightmare," Hermione said quietly, crying into Lia's shoulder.

"L et me tell you, they're wrong. You're an amazing and incredibly smart person. Don't let their words effect you. And if you think about it, it's nothing to cry about," Lia pulled away slightly and looked into Hermione's eyes, "they're only boys. They're not worth crying over."

Hermione chuckled. "I suppose. But I just really wanted to make some friends, and I thought Harry and Ron were my friends."

"I don't know what your relationship is like with them, but whether they're your friends or not, they shouldn't have said that."