17. lizzie

✧✧✧

"Do you have a nickname?" Lia asked, looking directly into Elizabeth's eyes.

"Kind of. My family calls me Lizzie, but I don't really like it." Elizabeth explained.

"Well then we'll have to come up with a different one," Lia stated.

"What other nickname would work for me, though?" 

Lia though about it for a moment. "How about, Beth?"

Elizabeth let a small smile creep onto her face before she nodded. "I like that.

"All right then," Lia said with a satisfied smile. "Beth."

The redhead shook her head with a smile, trying to not laugh. The two had been sitting in the common room when Draco Malfoy sauntered into the room, bragging about the fact that he had tricked Harry Potter. Lia was slightly proud, but she also wasn't about to go and congratulate Draco.

Apparently he had tricked Harry into going out of his common room after hours and he was convinced that the boy would be expelled. But of course that wasn't the case, as Harry showed up to breakfast the next day. 

Lia and Elizabeth had sat next to Veda, but as soon as they took their seats, she stood up and swiftly walked out of the Great Hall. Lia wanted to ask what was wrong, but she didn't want to pry and make Veda uncomfortable, so she didn't say anything.

Her attention was drawn to the Gryffindor table as an owl swooped down and dropped two things in front of Harry. One being a giant package, the other being a smaller one with decorative wrapping. Harry tucked the small one in his pocket just before opening the letter for the other one.

Lia rolled her eyes and focused on the letters that had dropped in front of her. One was from her dads while the others were from Travis, Connor, and Kayla. She guessed that there would be some sort confetti or glitter in the letter from them, so she decided to open the letter on her own time.

She looked to the side and saw Elizabeth staring at a letter with the name 'Lizzie' on the front.

"From your parents?" 

Elizabeth nodded. "I don't wanna read it."

"I can read it to you if you'd like?"

"That would be nice," she nodded again.

Lia picked up the letter and carefully tore it open. She began to read the letter out loud.

"Dear Lizzie,

Percy informed us that you were sorted into Slytherin instead of Gryffindor like we expected. But we want you to know that there's nothing wrong with that!

It doesn't matter that you weren't sorted into Gryffindor we're still proud. Just remember to keep your grades up!

Love,

Mum and Dad."

Lia finished and looked at Elizabeth's face to see her reaction, but her face was void of emotion.