08. meeting the parentals

✧✧✧

"What the fuck?" Regulus said. At first, he didn't see Kayla and the Stolls in the background, but as soon as he did, he whipped out his wand and with a quick wave, his appearance was back to the normal pristine one he usually had. 

"What is it?" Akira's voice called from the other room. "I swear to god if it's those lamp shade people I will break the Statute of Secrecy."

"Too late, I already did that," Cordelia said.

"It's your daughter," Regulus called back in a bored tone. There was more shuffling noise and Akira came sliding into the room in his fancy work clothes and dog slippers.

When he saw Cordelia he broke out into a grin and raced towards her. She threw herself into her father's arms.

Then Akira noticed the Stolls behind her and smiled even wider. "Ooh, are these the boys you ran from the police with?"

"Yep."

Akira extended his hand to shake theirs. "Hi, so nice to meet you. Come in, come in." Travis, Connor, and Kayla all gasped at the lavishness of the Miller-Black penthouse.

"I can't believe people actually live in places this fancy," Kayla commented.

"Who's this?" Regulus asked, closing the door and pointing vaguely at Kayla. "And why is her hair green?"

"This is Kayla," Cordelia smiled, putting a hand on the smaller girl's shoulder. "She's a demigod as well."

"Ah, I see. Still doesn't explain why her hair is green."

"Because I wanted it to be." Kayla said.

"Fair enough," Regulus shrugged. He then walked off into the kitchen, his Louis Vuitton loafers clacking on the floor.

"You were right," Travis whispered into Cordelia's ear, so only she could hear, "They are a teensy bit snobbish."

Cordelia covered her mouth to hide her smile and refrain from laughing.

"So," Akira clapped his hands. "What are you here for? Food? Clothes? A place to stay?"

"We just came to visit you." Cordelia said. "We'll head back to camp in a couple hours."

"Perfect! I'll get some snacks, then we can catch up on what's happened the last week and a half." Akira said with a smile. He pulled out his wand and waved it. Assorted fruits, cheeses, and crackers flew out of cabinets and onto a platter in an orderly fashion.

"So wizards and witches really are real." Connor said.

"Indeed we are," Akira said. "It's not as happy as books and movies make it seem though."

"What do you mean?" Connor asked, picking up a grape from the platter and plopping it in his mouth. Regulus had now rejoined them and was eating as well.

"Akira and I had to fake our deaths because we stole something from a dark wizard who hates everyone but himself and my cousin." Regulus said.

Cordelia herself had heard the story time and time again, whenever she complained about something she would be told 'if we can fake our deaths and outsmart Voldemort, you can do this'. But the Stolls and Kayla on the other hand, were staring at Akira and Regulus with both confusion and adoration.

"There's a dark wizard?"

"You stole something?!"

Connor and Kayla said at the same time.

"Yeah he sucks." Regulus said.

"Why does he only like your cousin?" Travis asked.

"Because she's a suck up."

"Oh."

"And why does he hate everyone else?" Kayla asked.

"Because the majority of wizards aren't 'pureblooded' " Akira replied. "The majority of wizards have muggle, or normal, blood running through their veins. And he hated that. Even though the motherfucker wasn't even a pureblood himself."

"Ah, a hypocrite." Kayla said. 

"Exactly."

The six of them carried on their conversation for the next couple hours. Sometimes they talked about the wizarding world, and sometimes about the demigod one. They talked about the pros and cons of each separate life. Travis wishing he was a wizard, then realizing he would have to go to school. Akira wishing he was a demigod, then learning he would have to fight against immortal beings.

Cordelia found the whole thing rather amusing, her dads and her friends comparing their lives. It was interesting to her since she got to be part of both worlds. And it was entertaining to see the people before her marvel at things that were normal to her.

She was glad that the Stolls and Kayla were getting along with her dads. It would be pretty awkward if they didn't.

Cordelia initially thought that perhaps her dads wouldn't approve of her friendship with the Stoll brothers, because they were boys. It would have been reasonable if that was the case, because most boys were awful. But Travis and Connor were some of the exceptions.

a/n:

wrote this all in about 30 minutes so if it sucks that's why 😎

THE NAME OF THIS BOOK IS NOW 'GENESIS'

last thing, you all have no idea how happy it makes me when i get notifications of people voting or adding this to their reading lists...so thank you