Collector

Ali stood there. Stunned in amazement seeing the sheer amount of Detektif Jebat merchandise displayed on the shelves of the entire room. Action figures, posters, plushies, mugs, cups, bowls you name it! The room has it all. Ali was so mesmerized by the view that his mouth was gaping widely.

"Hey, a fly would get into your mouth." Ali's bestfriend, Viktor said, snapping Ali out of his trance.

"Oh ehehe." Ali nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in an embarrassing manner.

Viktor shaked his head at his friend's antics, finding it very amusing. He and Ali have known eachother for years and share the same interest; Detektif Jebat. While he has alot of the merch, Ali has the skills in the games, often playing together in live streams. This was the first time Ali visiting his place and the first time witnessing the collection that Viktor says he has.

Ali always wanted to have the precious merchandise but never has the luck on getting them. Plus all of his other friends always discourage him, calling him childish, immature and a money waster.

"Ali, if the merchandise makes you satisfied, happy and it's your hobby, ignore the discouraging words, remember it's your hobby, only you can decide." Viktor said, encouraging his best buddy and giving him some inspiring words.

"Thanks Vik but what if they keep bothering me?" Ali questioned, unsure if he should get what he wants.

Viktor smiled at him.

"They are just being nosy in other people's business, don't give a damn to what they said."

Ali then smiled and hugged Viktor as best buddies would. Ali soon left.

_____

Ali now in a toy shop, looking at the latest Detektif Jebat action figure that's on sale. He took it and brought it to the counter. It was the last box. After paying for the product, he walked out with the box in hand, excited to get back home and open it up. While strolling his way through the park to get home, he stumbled upon Rudy and his gang who were sitting near a bench hanging out until they saw Ali and his newly bought item.

"Hey look at Ali, still playing with toys!" Roza said out loud, purposely letting Ali hear it.

"What a little kid, you should grow up!" Rudy raised his voice at Ali, laughing at him in the process.

Ali ignored the mocks and taunting, increasing his walking pace faster to get away with the annoying situation. After alot of walking, he was finally home.

"Ah finally peace and no more Rudy the hedgehog." Ali muttered to himself once he entered his house not forgetting to lock the doors. He turned around a saw his cat Comot wagging her tail left and right, eyes on the package in Ali's grasp.

"Hey Comot, I got myself a new Detektif Jebat action figure. Cool am I right?" Ali greeted his cat who meowed in a friendly and greeting manner.

"Let's open this thing up."

"Whoa this thing is freaking nice!" Ali exclaimed after opening and fiddling with the new action figure. Now in an awesome dynamic mid-air pose of course having an adjustable stand to do so. Ali put it on the shelf along with the rest of the action figures and merchandise from Detektive Jebat and proudly stares at the collection he has. He doesn't care if other people think it's childish and immature, as long as he's happy with his hobby, he's fine. Making sure to priortize the the essentials first like bills, food and water before going merch hunting, he won't have a problem with money.

If you're wondering, why I wrote something like this? Well this came from my personal experience cuz I like collecting Transformers figures and I often get taunted by my friends and other people because of my age is deemed immature to have such hobby. But that didn't stop me from liking what I do so I encourage for any of you are similiar, ignore those who want to belittle you. Just do what you want, it's your hobby, your money and as long as you are handling it responsibly you are fine.