Apocalypse

Earth.

A planet that was once a planet filled with life. It was also admired for it's phenomenal beauty and infinite wonders.

But

Now it's nothing more than a barren wasteland. Machinery and metals littered the lands and oil polluted the oceans. Man made machines that were once loyal to their makers now gone rogue, terminating organic life and enslaving the very people that once created them. Cities now become the capitals and headquarters to the new leaders, the machines. Humans no matter the age, race or even physical body appeareance become slaves for the machines. But not all humans are enslaved as some of these fortunate ones managed to escape from the ruthless and souless machines.

The first and the leader of the small rebelling group is Ali Ghazali. Even at a young age he has taught himself many knowledge on how to survive in such harsh conditions. But not all of the members are willing to cooperate. Alicia Kheng. Before the machine apocalypse she was admired, praised and always at the top. She never liked the way Ali stealing her spot and leading the group instead of her but every time she tries to terminate or to "get rid" of the teenager boy, she feels pity and have "certain" emotions flooding her whenever she confronted him.

"I can't be falling for him !" she would say the same sentence over and over again everytime she's alone but her heart and emotions always betray her as she can't stop thinking about the boy, day and night. And for some unforseen circumstances she and Ali are in trouble.

***

"Rebel Base do you copy ? Base do you COPY !!? DAMN IT !" Ali with frustration and anger threw his radio comm to the ground almost breaking it. "Sheesh calm down hot head." Alicia raised her voice slightly just enough to make the enraged boy to glare at her. Ali sighed and began to inspect his homemade blaster silently still with a frustrated face. "Look I know we had some disagreements and me being stubborn but atleast we are still in one piece and not dead-" Alicia stopped mid-sentence when Ali gave her the "seriously ?" look and Alicia realised that wasn't the best way to start a conversation with a person that you barely get along with. "So how are you ?" Alicia asked awkwardly, hoping to get a friendly response from Ali. "Oh I'm "VERY" fine, thank you for asking. I am stuck with you in a building that could tumble down any minute and outside the building is a bunch of killer robots just waiting to cut us in half. So I am just fine." Ali replied with sarcasm in every word and a mocking smile plastered on his face. Alicia flinched hearing such an out of character reply from Ali whom she knows will never talk sarcastically even in the most desperate situations.

"Look I'm sorry for being a stubborn kid. I'm just jelous that the other members especially the girls might get close to you." Alicia admitted the truth behind of her stubbornness and indirectly confessed her feelings to Ali. Ali being the dense boy he is tilted his head to slightly with a confused look. This however made Alicia blushed as the boy seemed cute in her perspective. "Come again ?" Ali asked with the same confused look. "I- like you ! Just why are so dense !?" Alicia exclaimed with the blush getting redder by the second.

Poor Alicia who just couldn't stand the boy's cuteness and passed out with a small smile