Chapter 6: Cooperation

Wei WuXian spent some time playing with Jin Ling and catching up with his siblings and brother in law. It was only 10 minutes after Jiang Cheng and Jin ZiXuan arrived did Jiang Cheng rise to his feet and motioned Wei WuXian to follow him. Wei WuXian knew they had to head back to the sect leaders and sighed nodding. He placed a soft peck on Jin Ling's hair, muttering a small goodbye. Jin Ling was, understandably, a bit unsettled by his Daijiu leaving already, and whined for him to stay. Jin ZiXuan motioned for the two to leave as he and Jiang Yanli used simple and kind words to ensure their son that his DaiJiu would visit him again.

As they strolled through Koi Tower, a silence fell between the two brothers. Unnoticed by Wei WuXian, Jiang Cheng glanced at him with soft concern and confusion. The brother he remembered, the brother he knew was somewhere in the man beside him, could barely sit still for five minutes, let alone keep a silence. But Jiang Cheng had remained in secret communication with Wen Qing after the fiasco at Qiongqi Road, sending medicine supplies should they need it and inquiring about his brother. Wen Qing hadn't told him every detail, which Jiang Cheng was a bit annoyed with, but also understood. Should Wei WuXian learn of this, he would probably lose trust in telling Wen Qing the condition he was in. That being said, he was informed of the times his brother had developed a fever or passed out for a couple days for various reasons. It was another reason he had been so insistent the man ate before they flew here.

Wen Qing also told him the progress of how she was healing Wei WuXian mentally, as well as physically. Jiang Cheng had long since figured out there was unspoken trauma his brother carried around ever since picking up Chenqing and setting aside Suibian, but the confirmation hadn't been any less painful. He had informed his sister, Jiang Yanli, of the confirmation and changes Wen Qing reported to him. Wei WuXian had been extremely self-harming, horrible at taking care of himself. This was something the two Jiang siblings had long since known and tried to fix, but the situation with their parents had always hindered the progress and strained things. So, he had known that the healing had caused his brother to find and be more honest and comfortable in his skin, though Jiang Cheng never realized silence was one of those changes.

Just in case, he said, "How was spending time with A-Ling?"

A smile blossomed and Jiang Cheng saw the spark light up again in the silver eyes, warmth pulled at his heart, "A-Ling is the best, ah...I suppose he'd have to be my second favorite little radish,"

"Really? Who's your first?" Jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow.

Wei WuXian smiled at Jiang Cheng, but his eyes guarded up slightly, "I'll tell you when the situation presents itself,"

Or in other words, 'When Wei WuXian could walk around freely,'

Jiang Cheng nodded and the two reached the large Fragrance Hall doors that were white with the gold lines of a Peony on the center of each, along with more golden vines swirling and curving to the edges. The two disciples on the side of the door, both glanced at Wei WuXian with narrowed eyes, but one glare from Jiang Cheng had them pulling open the doors. The brothers strode in side by side, Jiang Cheng purposely matching his brother's pace to ensure the male was beside him not behind. Not only did this show Jiang Cheng's trust in the man that was defected from the Yunmeng Sect politically, but it also made Jiang Cheng proud. His older brother was no servant.

The room was in the midst of a heavy conversation that stopped when their presence, specifically Wei WuXian's, was noticed. The demonic cultivator took no mind, stopping beside Jiang Cheng in the center of the room, gold and black standing beside with identical auras of power. Lan Xichen was sitting down at a seat beside Nie MingJue and seeing the younger males enter, he was about to stand to be beside them, but stopped when Jin Guangshan ordered, "Sect Leader Lan, please, remain there. Sect Leader Jiang, you should sit down as well,"