Chapter 10: Accusations

Wei WuXian woke up to panicked yells. He could identify four different voices. One worrying, one in rage, one trying to calm them down, and another trying to think. He groaned loudly, the voices all coming to a sharp stop. Wei WuXian grimaced, body aching and head spinning. Opening his eyes, Wei WuXian saw the blurry figure of a female, only able to identify her by the voice, "A-Xian! A-Xian!"

"Sh...shijie..." Wei WuXian groaned, blinking rapidly as his eyesight cleared, "Fuck...my head...and my back..."

"Oh, thank god, you're awake!" Jiang Cheng's voice yelled and Wei Wuxian avoided the urge to flinch, "We thought you died!"

Wei WuXian snapped his eyes open and he shot up, pushing up grabbing his head, "Did you call a healer?"

His voice came out much more panicked than he wanted it to be. Pushing forward, he decided to blink rapidly to wake himself up a bit more. Now that he was sitting up, he noticed who was in the room. Lan Xichen, Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng, and Nie MingJue were all in his room. Wei WuXian relaxed when he found no healer, meaning the secret about his core was still untold.

"No, we were about to..." Jiang Yanli confirmed, confused and worried, "Why?"

"Nothing, it's fine," Wei WuXian cleared his throat, "Why didn't you just wake me up?"

"We couldn't," Nie MingJue explained, "You were put asleep by spiritual energy. A powerful one as well,"

Wei WuXian blinked, before the memories of last night crashed over him. In an instant his face slowly began to red and he quickly checked his robes, adjusting them tighter and assuring nothing would be seen. Lan WangJi had listened to some degree, but the marks still littered over his skin, "A-ah...I remember..."

"Are you sick? Why have you gone red?" Jiang Cheng frowned.

Wei WuXian did not answer, moving to rise to his feet, before wincing slightly and sitting straight back down. He really couldn't say anything else, not exactly keen on telling those here he had sex last night, let alone with the knowledge that no one in the entire world, except the Wen Remnants, were even aware Wei WuXian had a...partner? Lover?

Lover was more accurate, to be fair. He and Lan WangJi had never actually talked about their relationship...nor exactly confessed, but from what Wen Qing and the ghosts told him, they were basically courting! And...supposedly married, since they technically eloped...multiple times over the past two years.

Shaking his head, Wei WuXian looked for Chenqing, before recalling where he had placed it. Reaching under his pillow, he felt his fingers wrap around the black dizi, along with something else that was wrapped around the flute.

"Oh," Wei WuXian said, pulling out his flute, which had a long blue ribbon with cloud's hanging beside the tassel.

He stared at it for a few seconds, feeling a fluttery feeling in his stomach. Wen Qing knew the meaning of this ribbon and had told Wei WuXian about it. Wei WuXian had then freaked out about it seeing as it was something he touched...often, and Lan WangJi let him. The next time he had seen Lan WangJi, he asked about it, and was rewarded with an extremely shy jade who confirmed the meaning. Wei WuXian smiled a bit, before snapping back into the present moment.

The demonic cultivator unwrapped it from Chenqing and held it up, showing it to Lan Xichen whose eyes widened, "Xichen-Ge...I am pretty sure Lan Zhan will show up today,"

"Is that...a Gusu forehead ribbon?" Jiang Yanli asked, startled.

"It's Lan Zhan's," Wei WuXian confessed quietly, but everyone heard him.

"What?!" Nie Mingjue choked, turning to his sworn brother who was just as stunned.

"Why do you have that?" Jiang Cheng demanded, knowing well that only family members and spouses could touch a Lan's forehead ribbon.