Chapter 9: Behind Closed Doors

Wei WuXian snapped his eyes up, seeing the face covered by the white hood. His eyes looked down, finding the snow white boots. He trailed upwards, recognizing the familiar white robes, added with the white cloak. Wei WuXian looked back at the face, catching a faint flash of the golden eyes. He brought the hand, not being held by his wrist, towards the hood, pushing it off quickly before Lan WangJi could stop him.

Lan WangJi removed his hand from Wei WuXian's mouth, grabbing the other wrist and holding the demonic cultivator in place. The two stared at one another silently, Wei WuXian - the more confused one - swallowed thickly, feeling heated under the amber eyes.

"Lan Zhan?" He managed.

"Wei Ying," Lan WangJi said.

Relief flooded him and Wei WuXian relaxed, leaning his head against the door, exhaling deeply, "I thought I was in danger...fucks sake, you should've said something!"

Lan WangJi hummed a bit about to comment, but his eyes flickered to the door and hardened. Wei WuXian yelped in shock as he was suddenly pulled through the room, both their bodies hidden behind the changing screen. Wei WuXian looked up completely off guard, but Lan WangJi was staring in the direction of the door with narrowed eyes, one hand around Wei WuXian's waist, the other gripping Bichen's hilt.

Wei WuXian got his answer for the reaction when the door clicked open and footsteps sounded, "Young Master Wei?"

It was a male disciple who had probably heard Wei WuXian slam against the door, and later his yelp. Wei WuXian saw Lan WangJi stiffen, the grip on his sword tightening. Wei WuXian frowned, 'He doesn't want them to know he's here...then why did he bring me along?'

"Young Master Wei?"

"A-ah! Yes!" Wei WuXian answered.

"Are you alright?"

"Of course! Why do you ask?" Wei WuXian giggled a bit.

"I heard some noise...a bang and a scream," The man confessed, looking at the screen.

"Oh! Yes, that was me! You see, I'm a bit clumsy sometimes!" Wei WuXian laughed.

"Oh! Are you hurt?" The man's voice slightly moved closer to the screen, soft footsteps approaching.

Lan WangJi's eyes narrowed, Wei WuXian quickly reaching over and placing his hand over Lan WangJi's, keeping Bichen sheathed. He gave Lan WangJi a look, before turning back and speaking, "I'm fine! Just about to change,"

"Are you certain you are not hurt? The bang was quite loud,"

Wei WuXian finally couldn't take it and removed Lan WangJi's hand, shucking off his robes slightly to reveal his shoulders and stuck his head around the screen, showing only his bare shoulder and face. His eyebrow raised, "Young man, do you have another intention here?" he smirked teasingly, "I know cut sleeves exist and have no judgement, but to be bold enough to try and seduce me of all people...I'm quite caught off guard!"

In terms of running wild, Wei WuXian was most definitely a master.

The male turned red, "What?! NO! No! That's not what I- I'm not a cutsleeve!"

Wei WuXian hummed, "Not sure yet? Are you trying to see if I'd let you test around with me?"

The man turned a darker red, "NO, No! My apologies for intruding, I wish you a wonderful night, Young Master Wei!"

The man then scrambled out of the room, closing the door. Wei WuXian's laughter echoed around the room as he walked out from behind the screen, looking in the direction of the door, with a bright grin, "That was more fun than I- hm?"