Chapter 20: Epilogue

"Airen," a soft call came from the doorway of the small, yet comfy house, draped with soft colors of white and blue, a few splashes of red and black standing out.

Such a splash was the man dressed in robes of those colors, who glanced back to the voice with silver eyes. Wei WuXian smiled lovingly at his husband who was dressed in the regal white robes, Lan WangJi crossing the distance between them and placing a tender kiss on the younger's lips.

"Yes, my love?" Wei WuXian answered, just as soft.

"They're all here, your siblings, Wei and Jiang. ZiXuan, Chifeng Zun, Huaisang. Yanli-Jie even brought Rulan and the twins. A-Yuan has gone ahead to meet them with Brother and Uncle," Lan WangJi informed, holding out a hand.

Wei WuXian's smile sparkled at the mention of their friends and family arriving in Cloud Recesses. He took his husband's hand, before looping his arm through Lan WangJi's. Then, they both walked out of their home, the Jingshi. As they walked towards the Elegance Hall to meet their guests, Wei WuXian found himself reflecting on the time that had passed.

It had been nearly five years since the peacefulness had graced their lives. Five years since that dreadful curse and the execution of Meng Yao, Su She, and Jin Guangshan. Many things had happened since then. The first of the changes had been the permanent relocation of the residents of the Burial Mounds, the Wens, as they had gone by back then. After the transition to Lotus Pier, they had changed their last names.

It was not an easy decision, to change one's surname was to abandon once's ancestors, but Popo, the wisest of the group, had spoke with the promise, "Our ancestors would wish us the best. I believe they would understand,"

The final unanimous decision was then made, all left had been to pick a name. Wei WuXian remembered the day he had been brought to the hall, confused and worried something had gone wrong. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli were standing there, Jin ZiXuan off to the side with a sleeping Jin Ling in his arms. Beside him was Lan Xichen, Lan WangJi, Nie MingJue, and Nie Huaisang.

"...what happened?" Wei WuXian asked after shutting the door firmly behind him.

At his entrance, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli exchanged a nod, before slowing moving forward to him. Wei WuXian frowned farther, eyes darting around with confusion. He spotted A-Yuan, Lan Yuan, as they had decided a week before, his and Lan WangJi's soon to be official son, the benefit of the Lan name enough one of the biggest deciders of that, near Lan WangJi's leg.

"Stand here, do not move," Jiang Cheng told him, while Jiang Yanli gently pushed Wei WuXian further into the room so he now stood only a few steps away from Wen Qing and Wen Ning, who were at the front of the crowd of Wen Remnants.

They then moved to the side, leaving Wei WuXian alarmed. He stared at the Wen's, "What? Qing-Jie, A-Ning, has something gone wrong?"

"No, not at all," Wen Qing said, her voice uncharactiaclly soft...no, that was wrong, hesitant.

"You..." Wei WuXian looked even more worried, "Suddenly speaking like this, I'm actually getting scared,"

Wen Qing rolled her eyes loosely while Wen Ning giggled. Then, the two Wen siblings glanced at one another, and then at their family. A chorus of nods were sent to the Wen siblings, who turned back to face Wei WuXian. Before he could ask again, he was shocked into stillness, eyes blowing wide.

Their arms came to clasp infront of each of them, bodies bending at the hips. The bow was shocking enough, but Wei WuXian let out a small squeak of alarm as Wen Qing and Wen Ning lowered themselves completely, heads against the floor.