Chapter 12: Little Ghost

Wen Qing follows after her brother, hearing the footsteps of the sect heirs and leaders following her. Jiang Cheng walked beside her, speaking in disbelief and protest, "To the heart of the Burial Mounds?! Wen Qing, are you insane?! That amount of resentment could kill him!!"

Wen Qing laughed bitterly, "Correction, it should have killed him,"

"Should have?" Jiang Yanli squeaked, "Are you saying you've sent A-Xian in there before!?"

"No, Wen Chao threw him down here and he lived here for three months during the war," Wen Qing revealed, taking note of their horror.

"That's...what?" Lan Xichen choked.

"For goodness sake, you nobel sects are all the same!" Wen Qing scowled, "Why do you think we live here? Why do you think he dared to bring us here? Why do you think cultivators can walk in here all of a sudden, but couldn't before? Because A-Ying learned demonic cultivation here! He's cleansed the burial mounds to make it habitable for us,"

"Resentment is harmful to the mind and temperament," Nie Mingjue spat, "WangJi may have done something strange, but he cleansed Young Master Wei and now you're daring to just have him become corrupted again?!"

Wen Qing glared fiercely, "Cleansed him?! As if! All WangJi did was bring A-Ying closer to the doors of death!! Listen here, Sect Leader Nie, I know very well what I'm doing and I know more about A-Ying's cultivation than anyone here!"

They had left the camp and were heading down another path, a path that was hidden off to the side but had been used multiple times before. As they walked farther away from the camp, they could feel the resentment becoming heavier.

"Lady Wen, the less resentment Wei-Xiong gets, the better it'll be for his core to heal him," Nie Huaisang retorted.

"Yes, that's right. A-Xian's core is extremely strong," Jin ZiXuan agreed.

Wen Qing's face turned extremely twisted and she spat, "Fools, all of you. Why does A-Ying bother to waste time providing hope for the cultivation world?"

"Lady Wen," Lan Xichen tried, "I can play music for him, it'll be much more-"

Wen Qing snapped and turned around, stopping, "Alright, Shut up!!"

The group stilled staring at her and Wen Qing surveyed them with a protective glare, "Preach all you want, but you don't know him. You do not know what he has gone through, all any of you see is a demonic cultivator who freed the terrible Wen-Dogs! All any of you, and those bastards in charge, see a weapon! You used him as a weapon in your Sunshot Campaign, and then what did you do?!"

She looked at Nie MingJue and Lan Xichen with disgust, "Did you even try to see past his cultivation?! Did you even remember he was missing for three months?! Did you even realize he was malnourished and is still underweight?! Did you even look at him and see the praised head disciple of the Jiang Sect or did you just see the thing that helped you win a fucking war!!?"

"Lady W-" Nie MingJue tried but was cut off as she began to walk again, but her speech continued, glancing over her shoulder to glare.

"Sect Leader Nie, you call yourself just, but please enlighten me what of anything the cultivation world has forced A-Ying into is just?! Tell me why none of you stood up for him, the moment he wasn't benefiting you as a weapon and saving lives?! You all owe him your life, the cultivation world owes him their lives, but they threw him aside and forced him to politically defect and separate from his family in order to protect them!!"

She turned her glare to the Jiang siblings, "You both are his siblings!!! I know you talked two years ago, I am aware things are a little better, but that doesn't mean you were powerless before! Granted, I understand the political strain and position your sect was in. I understand the physical power was not available, but A-Ying has sacrificed so much for you and what did you do?"