Chapter 18: Stitching the Seams

The moment they had all calmed down into some emotional stability, Jin ZiXuan had taken charge of the sect and called for disciples. He ordered his father and brother to be taken down to the dungeons, asking for disciples of the other three sects to guard them. Jin ZiXuan didn't know who to trust at this point, except for those of other sects.

Jiang Yanli rushes to find Madam Jin and Jin Ling, while the males all assist the sudden position they'd shoved Jin ZiXuan into. Wen Qing has Lan WangJi sit down so she can properly assess him, Wei WuXian never standing too far away from either of them.

They had solved the situation with Lan WangJi's curse, but now they had to clean up the political mess. Madam Jin was brought in by Jiang Yanli, who cracked a bright smile and laugh as Jin Ling shrieked in absolute delight, "DAJIU!!!"

Wei WuXian, who had been crouching beside Lan WangJi to check his meridians, startled, turning around only to yelp in shock as he was fully tackled by a two year old. He hissed slightly as he hit his head, "Ow..."

Multiple voices called in alarm, Wei WuXian wincing slightly. Of course, now that they knew, every injury was a painful one to him. Without a golden core, every bruise needed to be looked at. Every meal needed to be eaten. Every season needed the appropriate medicine.

"A-Ling!" Jin ZiXuan scolded slightly, "Don't tackle your Dajiu like that, what if you hurt him?"

Jin Ling blinked and then glanced down at the man that hadn't even bothered to attempt to get up, laying on his back, "Hurt?"

"No, I'm okay. You just startled me," Wei WuXian chuckled, before smirking mischievously and grabbing the boy, yanking him into a tight hug while tickling him, "And now you have to suffer the wrath of the terrible Tickle Patriarch!!!"

Jin Ling screamed in delight and fear, the young boy's laughter lifting the mood along with the sparkle in the silver eyes. Madam Jin watched the scene, only to turn to her son when he approached her with the leaders of the other three great sects. They told her everything.

Within two hours, Madam Jin's wrath had gotten the entire situation under control, everyone knowing exactly what had happened to an extent. Of course, details were kept to the privacy of those involved, but the very exposure that Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyao were arrested under the charge of cursing Lan WangJi...well...that was enough damage by itself.

"I'll give you a chance," Jin ZiXuan spoke with a soft, yet firm tone, "Father- Jin Guangshan, is of no use, he will only throw you under the rug. So, I'm giving you the chance to confess everything,"

Jin Guangyao was a smart man (though apparently not smart enough) and he knew, he had lost. Miserably. He glances up at the three men in front of him through the bars of his cell. Jin ZiXuan is in the center, shouldered by Nie MingJue and Lan Xichen. Jiang Cheng was not there, most likely keeping charge above.

Jin Guangyao stares at Jin ZiXuan for a moment, before sighing, "Alright,"

Jin ZiXuan hums softly, but Jin Guangyao could see right through the tough front. He knew just how uncomfortable Jin ZiXuan was. Jin Guangyao asks him softly, "How would you like me to present this to you? In chronological order of events or do you want to know about a specific thing?"

For a moment, there's a silence. Jin ZiXuan's expression tightens, "I had meant the curse...but it seems I have severely underestimated just how far you'd gone,"

"You're telling us...there's more?" Nie MingJue glared at him, "More than risking WangJi's life?"

Jin Guangyao adjusted himself and simply hummed, "Of course. Da-Ge, Young Master Wei has been Father's target ever since the war...you don't really think this was the first time such a plan had been orchestrated, do you?"