Chapter 15: Candied Killer

Kind of short, but for good reason.

Lan WangJi walked through the catacombs with light footsteps. Despite the crunch of tiny rocks and gravel, he was as silent as a ghost. He looked like one as well with the white robes and piercing red eyes. Lan WangJi remained walking with a single determination in his mind:

Find out everything.

He would find the demonic cultivator that cursed him. He would find out why such a scheme was initiated against him. And he would bring this all to light. If that meant he had to play a villain in this narrative, then so be it. Lan WangJi could be a villain.

He was never as selfless or forgiving as Wei WuXian.

Truly, Wei WuXian was better than him. Lan WangJi felt as his title was misleading and fit Wei WuXian more than himself, but of course, the cultivation world would never see it that way. They saw Hanguang Jun and the YiLing Patriarch as two sides of the same blade. One in elegant white with a discipline admired throughout the land, an epitome of righteousness. The other shrouded in black with an eccentric and heretical personality, feared and used as a nightmare to scare children into obedience.

How far off the rumors were of the truth.

Everytime he visited YiLing and Lan WangJi heard of someone speaking ill of Wei WuXian, it was the demonic cultivator who had to hold the light-bearer from drawing Bichen out. But in this scenario, there was no Wei WuXian to restrain him. Lan WangJi loved him with everything he had, and yet some pricks had almost took Wei WuXian away from him using Lan WangJi's hand.

Lan WangJi would show them his hand for such a daring move. Every choice will have its consequences and Lan WangJi was head of discipline after all.

"Ah- Fuck!"

Lan WangJi stopped moving at once, pressing against the walls which had changed at one point to be a proper walls rather than dirt tunnels. He must've reached a legitimate part of Koi Tower. And if the cell not to far from Lan WangJi meant anything, the second jade assumed it was dungeons.

"Damn it! I'm out of candy!!!"

It sounded like a young male, a teenage boy at most. The problem was that Lan WangJi could feel the heavy strain of resentment in the air. Lan WangJi peered around the corner to find a young man with a childish charm, looking nothing more than a boy. He was dressed in the LanlingJin gold robes which flowed as he looked for something.

"Aha!!" The boy beamed when finding a bag of what Lan WangJi guessed was candy, turning slightly so Lan WangJi could see his face.

His canine teeth show when he smiled. He had bright eyes, a high nose bridge, and thin lips that have a soft red hue. He could almost be described as handsome. He was rather tall even as a junior of his perceived age, yet his eyes are filled with casual contempt. The boy giggled insanely, tossing a couple pieces in his mouth as he lifted up a piece of parchment, glaring at it, "Fucking Wei WuXian. Why can't he just take in that stupid curse so Sect Leader Jin can let me go do what I want!"

With such a conformation, Lan WangJi let rage guide him. With terrifying speed, he burst out, the boy turning around and jumping out of the way, dropping the paper but refusing to release the bag of candy. He switched the bag to his left hand, while a black a sword that seemed to release a dark aura slid from the gold sleeve and into the child's hand.

"Hanguang Jun!" The child laughed, "What a pleasant surprise for you to grace me with your blinding presence!"

Lan WangJi was in no mood for games. He attacked relentlessly, the child stumbling slightly but managing to get a few powerful blocks. Lan WangJi didn't hold back, using both physical and spiritual strenght. Within a mintute, the sword was knocked far away with the candies. The child didn't even get a chance to yell his protest before Lan WangJi had him pinned to the ground, red eyes glaring and Bichen at the kid's neck.