TWO

•TWO•
Amara

"So did the Professor help you with what you needed?" Bo questions and I shake my head making her furrow her eyebrows.

"I'm going to see him in his office in about twenty minutes." I tell her and a smirk etches onto her face.

"You fancy him?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I playfully roll my eyes.

"I mean he's hot but he's our professor, Bo. It would be very unprofessional." I point out and she shrugs.

Keep telling yourself that, Amara.

"Have you seen that massive scar on his cheek? I mean you probably have, it's hard to miss, looks a little scary." I feel myself getting defensive over Bo's question.

"Hey, you don't know what happened to him, don't be so quick to judge, Bo." I lightly scold my friend and she bites her lip, looking slightly guilty.

"Sorry, you're right." She mumbles. "He seems like a nice guy though." I nod my head.

"I should probably get going. Are you going to wait for me or have you already got a lift home?" I ask her as I stand up and pack my stuff away.

"I'll wait, have fun but not too much." She winks and I laugh.

I make my way to Professor James' office and as soon as I'm standing in front of the huge wooden doors, I knock.

A few seconds later the door opens to reveal Professor James, he gives me a warm smile and steps to the side to let me in.

"Hi." I beam, walking in with confidence and take a seat on the chair in front of his desk. Professor James closes the door and makes his way over to his chair in front of me.

I place my bag on the floor and lean forward, resting my arms on his desk.

"W-What did you need help with, Amara?" He coughs, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Just a little help with the question that you've set. I'm struggling on how to begin my essay." I pout and his eyes move down to my plump lips which I made sure to cover with as much lipgloss as possible.

He gulps and slowly nods his head.

I pull my notebook out and pass him my notes, he takes it with shaky hands and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Are you okay?" I tilt my head and he inhales a sharp breath.

"S-Sorry?"

"Are you okay? You hands are a little shaky." I point out and he looks away in embarrassment.

"I'm fine." He gives me a small smile and I nod, watching him go through my notes.

"How long have you been a professor?" I ask, curious to know more about the attractive man in front of me.

"Three years." He simply answers and I slowly nod my head. He continues to look through my notes for another couple of minutes before closing the notepad. "The beginning of your essay is perfect, Amara." He looks at me with a small smile and I raise my eyebrows.

"Really?" I take back my notepad and look at my first paragraph.

"You seem very talented, Amara. Don't doubt yourself." I smile at his words and nod my head.

"That means a lot, thank you sir." I nod.

"Matthew, call me Matthew." He blurts and I raise my eyebrows. "W-When it's just us of course." He stutters and I giggle lightly.

"Of course, Matthew." I smirk, liking the way his name sounds on my tongue. He gulps and releases a shaky breath. "Do I make you nervous?" I ask him, getting straight to the point and his eyes widen.

"A-A little." He whispers and I smile gently. "Sorry that must be weird, considering I am your professor."

"I don't find it weird, don't be nervous, I won't bite." I wink and he looks away from me. I don't miss the blush that rises on his cheek. "I better get going, thank you for the help." I tell him, standing up from my seat and I question if I saw a little disappointment in his eyes.

Probably not.

"Okay, Amara. I'll see you in tomorrow's class?" He asks, walking over to open the door for me.

"Defo." I grin and he nods, rubbing his cheek which holds the deep scar. He gives me one last nod before I walk out, the door gently closing behind me.

I smile.

•••

"Ice-cream, ice-cream, ice-cream." I mumble as I push the trolley down the frozen aisle. A small smile etches onto my face as I see my favourite cookie dough ice-cream. I bend down to retrieve the tub and place it in my trolley.

I turn around and make my way round the corner but jump in shock when I bump into someone, there back turned to me. They slowly turn around and my eyes widen when I see Matthew.

"Amara?" He whispers and I look down to see two tubs of cookie dough ice-cream in his hands.

"You like cookie dough too?" I point to his hands and he blushes quickly putting them behind his back.

"T-There for my brother." He rushes out and I smile.

"It's okay, Matthew." I laugh and begin to walk to the checkout. Matthew follows behind me and I'm shocked when he begins to help me put everything on the conveyor belt. "Thanks." I whisper and he nods.

I begin to pack my stuff and quickly pay. I move away so Matthew can pay for his items and when I look through the window I see that it is getting dark outside. I sigh to myself, knowing I haven't brought my car, I thought I could do with the exercise but now I'm regretting my decision.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath and put the trolley back before picking up my bags.

"Are you okay?" Matthew walks up next to me and I nod.

"I better get going before it gets completely dark out here." I tell him and he furrows his eyebrows.

"You walked?" I nod. "I-I can drive you back, I don't need one of my students getting hurt." He offers in a shy voice.

"You don't have to do that." I tell him but he shakes his head.

"Please." I sigh but nod my head and he leads me to an expensive looking Range Rover. "This is yours?" He answers my question by unlocking the car.

"Yes." He takes my bags from me and places them in the boot before opening the passenger door for me. I thank him and climb into the passenger seat.

As soon as he gets into the car, I give him my address and he begins to drive out of the car park.

I sit quietly with my hands in my lap and turn to look at him driving. I bite my lip, noticing how hot he looks as he has one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gearstick.

"You have a girlfriend?" I query and he shakes his head. "Boyfriend?" He chuckles and shakes his head again.

"I'm straight." I nod and my eyes fall to his full lips. I bite my lip and decide to look out of the window for the rest of the journey.

He soon pulls up to my apartment. "Thank you so much." I unbuckle my seatbelt and I'm surprised when Matthew gets out and helps me with my bags.

I take them from him and give him a small smile. "Thank you again." I look up at him and he smiles.

"All good, Amara." He whispers and his eyes begin to alternate from my eyes to my lips. He blinks and then shakes his head. "I-I should go, goodbye." He gives me a tight-lipped smile and the climbs into his car, driving off.

"God, he's hot." I mutter under my breath.

But he's my Professor.

Who's just given me a lift home from the supermarket.

He was just being nice, shut up Amara.

A/N
This book already has 3,000 reads. Thankyou 💜