THIRTY-THREE

•THIRTY-THREE•
Amara

4 months later

"We've finally finished!" Bo squeals in excitement and I smile brightly, pulling her into a hug. "The next chapter of our lives is going to be the best." I pull back and nod my head.

We've finally graduated. 

"I didn't think I could get through this but I'm so grateful I have you, Bo. You deserve the best." I grab hold of her hands and I watch as her eyes begin to water.

"We deserve the best." She tightens her hands around mine.

I look over her shoulder and my smile falls a little when I my eyes fall on Matthew's figure.  I watch as he congratulates the students around him.

My heart flutters a little.

After I told him about the abortion we went to a couple group meetings before we decided to go to therapy-separately.

Occasionally we've messaged asking how each other are. He says he's doing okay and so am I.

I suppose that's all that matters.

In my head I can't help thinking, right person, wrong time. Maybe if we had met a couple years later, things wouldn't be so complicated.

I miss him loads but this break was good for us and now I'm possibly thinking that it's best we move on for good.

His eyes look up and make contact with mine. My breath hitches and I look away instantly, the feeling of his stare too much.

I haven't actually spoken to him in three weeks.

"My precious baby!" I'm soon engulfed in a tight hug from my mother. I wrap my arms around her tightly, burying my face in the crook of her neck.

It was heartbreaking telling my parents what had happened but they understood why I did it. I didn't expect any less from them. However, my dad is not fond of Matthew at all. There was no point in arguing with the man, he's just being an overprotective dad after all.

"We are so proud of you, darling?" My dad joins in on the hug.

After a few seconds we pull away and I roll my eyes when I see Bo looking my mum up an down.

I take a quick glance at Matthew again to see him looking at the ground now as he sits on a chair. I can see the look of sadness on his face and I release a small breath and tilt my head slightly.

He was literally smiling a couple minutes ago.

"Hey." Bo's calming voice grabs my attention and I look away and down at my best friend. "You should go and speak to him." I furrow my eyebrows at Bo's suggestion.

"Bo, you were very anti-Matthew a few months ago and now you want me to go and talk to him." I laugh lightly and she shrugs.

"I'm not saying to get back with him straight away but now that you've had time away from each other there's no harm in going to speak to him." I sigh.

"I can't, Bo. Yes we have messaged but we haven't spoken to each other in person for at least three months. He might of even moved on." Bo scoffs and I raise my eyebrows.

"Please! That man would happily get on his knees for you." She points over to him and I suddenly feel nervous.

"No." I decide and Bo sighs but nods her head.

"Well we'll be back later for that party, so you'll probably see him there. Now come on, it's time to get ready." We make our way off of the campus ground and I hold my breath and look straight ahead as we walk past Matthew.