FOUR

•FOUR•
Amara

"Amara." A voice whispers and I slowly open my eyes to see Matthew smiling down at me. I shoot up from my spot on the sofa and look around the office in confusion.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, I fell asleep." My eyes widen and Matthew chuckles.

"It's quite alright, Amara, but you should be getting home." Matthew tells me and I yawn, making him furrow his eyebrows. "How tired are you?"

"Really." I whisper, feeling myself about to drift off again.

"Did you drive?" I nod my head. "Ba-Amara you can't drive home in this state." He sighs.

"I'll get the bus." I wave my hands and go to collect all my belongings.

"I'll take you home." He also begins to pack away his things and I watch with curious eyes.

"It's okay, Matthew, I can take the bus it's fine." I tell him but he shakes his head.

"It's too dangerous for you to take the bus, I'll drop you home." I keep my mouth shut and simply nod my head.

We walk out of his office and towards the car park. It's now dark outside and when I check the time I see that it now seven. I also see a message from Bo saying that she is staying at her parents house tonight.

We walk over to Matthew's car and I smile gently as he opens the passenger door for me.

"Thanks." He nods and closes it before making his way over to the driver's side.

The drive back to my place is quiet and comfortable, the radio playing quietly in the background. I continue to take the time to admire Matthew and see how he still looks as fresh as he did this morning, me on the other hand-I probably look a mess.

We soon pull up outside and I smile. "Thanks for the lift." I tell Matthew and he nods.

"Take your key out now, so you're not standing outside for a long amount of time going through your bag." He instructs me and I nod.

I start to look through my bag for my house keys and then freeze when I can't find them, my eyes widen and I gulp.

"What is it?" Matthew questions and I shake my head, opening the door. "Show me your keys, Amara."

I slowly close the door and sigh.

"I haven't got them and Bo's not home tonight and my parents live too far." I rest my head back against the headrest. "I'll have to find a hotel or something." I shrug and Matthew bites his lip.

"Y-You can stay with m-me. Only if you're comfortable." He stutters and I tilt my head.

"Are you sure? Would you not feel weird having your student in your home?" I question and Matthew chuckles gently.

"It's fine, Amara. We are both grown adults." He nods and I nod my head.

"I don't have a change of clothes for tomorrow." I sigh.

"It's fine, I'll give you something to wear for the night and I'll have your clothes washed and dried for the morning." He nods, switching on the engine and I just smile.

The further we get from my home the more wealthy the houses begin to look. I look around the area with wide, curious eyes. We then pull up outside some black metal gates that slowly open and then we are driving up a long pathway.

"Woah." I whisper as we drive closer to what looks to be a castle. "You live here?"

"I do."

"Alone?" He shakes his head.