EIGHTEEN

•EIGHTEEN•
Amara

I wake up to light kisses being placed on my skin. A small smile etches onto my face and I open my eyes to see Matthew grinning above me.

"Morning." He beams.

"Someone's woken up happy." I sit up and smirk.

"Well you're next to me so how can I not?" He tilts his head, kissing my cheek. "I've called in sick today, I want to make sure you're okay after yesterday." I release a small sigh.

"What are we going to do today?" I tilt my head and this time a smirk etches onto his face.

"Well you know I said I do a little boxing, I thought I could show you my gym downstairs." I clap my hands in excitement, nodding my head.

"Come on then!" I jump out of bed but squeal when Matthew laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Breakfast first." He mumbles against my neck and I huff.

We walk downstairs and into the kitchen. Matthew lifts me up onto a chair and I watch as he begins to make us a full English breakfast while topless. I don't know if my mouth is watering because of the food or his back muscles.

"Eat up, baby." He places a plate in front of me and I don't hesitate to tuck in.

"Thank you." I say and he smiles nodding his head before eating from his own plate.

Once we've both finished eating breakfast, I decide to quickly brush my teeth before following Matthew down a set of stairs which leads towards his gym.

"Fucking hell." I gasp when I see all the equipment but what surprises me the most is the massive boxing ring in the centre.

"Mara!" He pinches my hip lightly and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Not sorry." I grin and he shakes his head, a small smile on his face. "You wanna go?" I tilt my head towards the ring and he raises his eyebrows.

"Come here." I follow him over to a cabinet and he opens it pulling out some tape.

I watch as he takes my hand wrapping it round effortlessly. He does the same thing with my other hand before sliding boxing gloves onto them.

He grabs a set of pads and then we both climb into the ring.

"You done this before?" He questions me and I nod my head, catching him by surprise.

"My brother was obsessed with boxing, we used to spar each other all the time. My mum would always end up telling him off because he'd accidentally knock me out sometimes." I laugh lightly.

"Yes, I do remember you're brother loving boxing. He used to come here often to spar me, I'd always end up beating him." Matthew smirks. "Now come on, show me what you've got."

He holds the pads up and I begin to punch them as hard as I can.

"You've got quite a punch, baby." He praises and I smile in satisfaction.

We continue for about twenty minutes before I decide to work out on some of the equipment dotted around the place. However, Matthew becomes a distraction as I watch him punch the shit out of a punching bag.

His tan skin glistens with a light coat of sweat and his back muscles flex every time he throws a strong punch.

"Fuck me." I mutter.

"What was that?" Matthew halts his movements, stopping the swinging bag before turning to face me.

I bite my lip.