ELEVEN

•ELEVEN•
Amara

I can feel Matthew's stare on the side of my head as I finish writing the last of my essay. As soon as I've finished the last sentence I submit my work and switch off the laptop.

"You okay?" Matthew questions for the tenth time in the last two hours.

"I promise I'm fine, Matthew. I just freaked out earlier, it happens." I shrug and he sighs, nodding his head. "I should probably get going."

I watch Matthew's face fall and he stands up along with me.

"A-Are you not staying with me tonight?" He questions, disappointment laced in his voice and I sigh gently.

"I'm going out for drinks with a few friends tonight, I don't think you'd want to deal with my drunk self." I laugh lightly and Matthew's face hardens.

"That boy from earlier?" He asks in distaste and I tilt my head at him, smiling slightly.

"Are you a little jealous, Matthew?" I grin.

"I didn't like the way he was touching you this morning. Does he do that often?" Matthew raises his eyebrows and I giggle shaking my head.

"Zion is a new friend, Matthew. Plus there's this other guy I really like." I smirk, picking up my bag. "But he's too busy being jealous. Bye Professor James!" I wink and walk out of the office.

•••

I kind of regret coming out now.

"Another shot?" Zion yells over the music and I shake my head. "Come on, Mara!"

"Amara, please don't call me Mara." I only like it when one certain individual calls me that and right now I am missing said individual.

It's almost like he knows I'm thinking about him when he sends me a message.

M- You okay?

A- I want to go home, haha!

M- I'm coming to get you. Where are you?

My eyes widen and a sense of relief washes over me. I text Matthew, telling him where I am.

"I'm leaving." I tell Zion and he frowns.

"But we've only been here for a couple hours." He throws his arms up and I shrug.

"And that's enough for me, see you later." I wave, making my way towards the exit of the bar.

I grin when I see Matthew's car across the road. Luckily his windows are tinted so no-one will see me getting into my professor's car.

I open the passenger door and climb in, suddenly resting against the heated leather seats.

"Hi." I whisper, my eyes closed. "I'm going back to yours." I turn to look at him and watch a grin etch onto his face as he goes into first gear before driving off.

"You have a good night?" I scoff at his question.

"If it makes you feel better I regret coming out tonight." I admit and he chuckles lightly.

"See, you could of spent all that time with me." He pouts his lips and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Okay, Matthew. Be careful, I might just take the guest room tonight." I tease and he raises his eyebrows.

"And I'll just sneak in, in the middle of the night." He shrugs and I laugh.

"Creep." I joke and he leans over to pinch my thigh. "Hey!"