EPILOGUE

•EPILOGUE•
Matthew

"No, sweetheart."

Bad choice of words.

"No?" My three year old daughter tilts her head, her eyes beginning to water. "Why, daddy?" She cries and reaches her little arms up for me.

I sigh and pick her up as she cries into my neck.

"I've already let you have a bowl of ice-cream, Rosie. Mummy won't be happy with me if I let you have another one." I explain to my little girl who pouts her lips.

"Just one more." She whispers, looking at me with her big blue eyes. I run my hands through her curly hair and shake my head. "Pretty please, daddy."

"Fine okay."

"Yay!" She climbs down from my arms and grabs her bowl, holding it out to me.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"I've spoilt you too much." I whisper more so to myself.

"What's spoilt?" Rosie tilts her head at me in curiosity before she begins to eat her second bowl of ice cream.

"I let you get your way all the time." I sigh, deciding to make my own bowl of ice cream.

"That sounds cool." She beams, not understanding me one bit.

"Well it would to you, princess." I ruffle her hair and she smiles up at me. "I love you." I tell her and she leans her head against my arm.

"I love you and mummy, lots and lots and lots." She grins and I smile.

"There's my favourite granddaughter!" Mara's mother comes along and picks up our daughter.

"Where's my wife?" I question her, having not seen my baby for at least half an hour.

"Helping your brother with the barbecue. Nathaniel seems to be trying to set your house on fire." My eyes widen and I rush into the backyard to see flames coming out of the barbecue.

"Mara! Get the fuck away from there, you crazy woman!" My heavily pregnant wife turns around and watches with wide eyes as I storm over to her and my brother.

"Chill, bro. She's in safe hands." Nathaniel winks, holding his hands up in defence.

"Safe hands? Safe fucking hands, she shouldn't be anywhere near this thing when she's pregnant with my daughter!" I shout at him and he scratches the back of his neck.

"Matthew, it's fine, calm down." Mara walks over to me and smiles. My heart instantly warms and the anger I was feeling seconds ago diminishes. "Come with me." She grabs my hand and pulls me away from the rest of our family.

I take a seat at the table and release a deep breath. Amara takes a seat next to me and grabs my hand, placing it on her bump. I look around and feel content as I stare at my friends and family.

Bo sits with her fiancée, Rachel. Khye laughs and smiles with his girlfriend and my brother....well he's just happy being an uncle.

"You gave her another bowl of ice cream, didn't you?" I freeze at her question.

How the hell?!

"She came to me first asking for another bowl." I can't help but laugh. "I guess she was able to manipulate you as per usual." She raises her eyebrows at me and I shrug.

"I spoil you too." I beam at her and she laughs lightly.

"I know you bloody do, but now you're going to have three girls to spoil. You think you'll be able to handle that?" She jokes and I playfully roll my eyes.

"I mean it could be a boy, the doctor might make a mistake again."

Before Rosie was born, we were told she was going to be a boy. So it was a surprise to all of us when she was born and was the complete opposite to a boy.

"Well luckily we haven't decorated the baby's room yet." Amara says, resting her head against my shoulder. "I love you, lots and lots." I smile gently, realising how much her and our little Rosie are alike.

"I love you always, my forbidden chaos." I whisper kissing the top of her head.

A/N
Thank you all for reading 💜