Chapter 7

Harry POV-
When I got up this morning I was feeling a lot better. Shifting to a sitting up position I noticed Louis for the first time. Laying next to me on the couch. He had one hand still wrapped around my waist the other hanging off the edge of the couch, fingertips brushing the floor.

I sat there looking at him admiring the way he looked when he slept. When he rolled over and whispered without opening his eyes, "you're staring at me Harold."

"I- no I wasn't- I was just about to wake you up-" I stutter out.

"Sure." He says narrowing his eyes playfully.

"So curly how're you feeling?" Louis asks sitting up.

"A lot better." Harry replies with a small smile.

~~

Later that day Louis pov-

"Harry, I'm leaving for work I'll be back later tonight, I have the closing shift today." Louis says from his position on the couch next to Harry.

"What time will you be back?"

"Well it closes at 10, and then an hour to close and clean so maybe 11:15 or 11:30." Louis gives a small smile before getting off the couch and heading for the door.

At 9:30 there's no one left in the diner but Niall.

"Niall, mate I love ya, but will you please leave so we can lock up now?" Louis sighs.

"I think you're just excited to get back to your hot roommate," Niall says with a cheeky smile.

Louis' face flushes at the mention of Harry.

"You didn't deny it."

"Right well if that were the case would you leave?"

Niall throws his hands up in defense before setting the money he needed to pay on the counter and making his way out the door with a smirk.

Harry pov-

I hear the door open quietly and the sound of keys being set down on the counter. Sitting on the couch watching the TV I hear Louis behind me. Making his way to the living room. He sits down with a sigh and closes his eyes. I can't help but look at his gorgeous eyelashes when his eyes are closed.

"How was work?" I ask.

He doesn't open his eyes before answering, "Okay, I mean Niall was there as always, but there was the occasional customer. Closing shifts are always slow and boring."

"What do you say we watch a movie?" I suggest, thinking about it no idea why. It just seemed right in the moment.

"Why not."

By now his eyes are open and he's sitting up facing the TV, "any ideas?"

"The Notebook?"

That was stupid Harry, why would he want to watch the Notebook.

"Sure, you can put it on and I'll go grab some popcorn."

I quickly get up to grab the remote then going back to my seat I put it on and press pause waiting for Louis to return. He comes back a minute later with a bowl of popcorn and two bottles of water. Sitting down on the other side of the couch, the popcorn bowl in between us I press play. 

Halfway through the movie the popcorn is gone and the empty bowl is on the coffee table in front of us. Without the obstacle between us I find myself closer to Louis than before. He has a blanket draped over him, I notice how cute and small he looks there.

Without realising it I begin to shiver slightly. There's about thirty minutes left of the movie when I feel Louis move closer to me. Before I know it there's a blanket thrown across my lap and a body pressed against my side. I look down to see Louis leaning into me, eyelids drooping.

"You know if you were cold you could've asked for some of the blanket." He whispers, lifting his gaze to meet mine. 

"I wasn't cold-"

"Sure you weren't curly."

Louis looks back towards the movie but doesn't move from my side. I go back to watching as well. When the credit scene begins I look down to see Louis sleeping with his head resting on my shoulder. 

I smile a little to myself before shifting ever so slightly to a more comfortable position, careful not to stir Louis. Afterall he did have a long day at work, at least that's what I try to tell myself to justify the feeling of not wanting to wake him up. Maybe I just enjoyed having him laying that close to me?

As I'm about to fall asleep I remember thinking one last thing . . .

I think I'm falling for my roommate

Writing this really felt like a fever dream tbh. Like I had nothing down because I didn't know where I wanted to start and then again I got an ending idea and just had to figure it out. It's 12:30 am rn :)

Also I listened to Yungblud while writing this and must say it was 10/10. As I'm writing this sentence actually acting like that is playing.

I'd love to hear from you please vote and comment. And if there are any mistakes lmk and I'll fix them !!

-author xx