Chapter 25

time skip **

Harry POV-

Dinner with Zayn and Liam went well. I think they liked Louis, and I think he liked them. After they had left we both went to sleep not having the energy to do much more. We spent most of the night after we ate watching reruns of whatever was on and talking. It was a lot of fun.

The next day went by rather uneventful, Louis or I had work. Then we'd come home, eat dinner, go to sleep. The same thing happened give or take for the next 2 weeks. 2 weeks of simply living an uneventful life. That was until things became event filled.

Louis' phone was buzzing on his nightstand one night when he was in the shower. An unknown caller ID was displayed across the screen. I hadn't thought much of it then. So, I simply clicked the red decline button. They didn't bother calling back so I continued scrolling on twitter waiting for Louis to finish in the shower.

When he finished we laid in bed cuddled together and fell asleep.

~~

A couple days later I got home from work to find Louis on the phone with someone, before I could hear the conversation he walked out of the kitchen and towards his room.

These odd little occurrences happened throughout the last 2 weeks. By a week and a half those little doubts would circle my mind anytime he was on the phone with someone. I really had no idea what he was doing; or who he was even talking to.

I began to worry more as time passed. Thinking or fearing the worst, those thoughts consumed my mind.

~~

"Harry," Louis called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you ready to go?"

I look up from where I'm sitting on the edge of the couch tying my shoe, "yeah." I breathe out.

And to think that I thought this entire time he was cheating on me or something. A low hollow laugh almost slips past my lips.

Together we get in the car, Louis in the driver seat while I'm in the passenger seat. The drive to Manchester is about 3 and a half hours. Leaving our flat at 8 am will get us there around 11:30 am. Which gives us 30 minutes to check in before 12. And then at 12 well, then it's time. 

During the car ride we sing along to whatever comes on the radio. In what seems like no time we're pulling up to Manchester Central. What I think is a high school, but I'm not entirely sure. After parking the car we make our way to the door.

Hands shaking I reach out and grab the handle to pull the door open, holding it for Louis to enter before me. Stepping into the threshold makes it all seem way more real. The breeze of the air conditioner hits me.

We make our way to the line of everyone here waiting to check in. I stand close to Louis side as if glued there. Too nervous to move more than 3 feet away at most. The line continues moving as time passes getting closer to 12 by the nearing second.

When we reach the table set up I give the lady sitting there my name. My hand in Louis' as I speak, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

I ended up with a sticker to put on my shirt that had my number on it after checking in and everything. By then it was close to 12:15 and I had about 30 minutes before it was my turn to go on stage.

Walking together we find two chairs to have a seat in. We spend a good amount of time there. I rest my head on Louis' shoulder as we sit there as the minutes tick by. The more time that passes the more nervous I get. I'm tapping my foot on the ground when Louis rests his hand on my leg; stopping the nervous movement.

"Look at me love." he whispers.

I turn my head to meet his gaze, "You're going to do just fine. I wouldn't have signed you up for this opportunity if I hadn't believed you'd make it." He punctuates this was a small but genuine and reassuring smile.

This seemed to calm me down a little. Taking a deep breath, I remember all the calls Louis had taken over the last 2 weeks. This time I let the low and hollow breathy laugh quietly escapes my lips. And to think I thought he was cheating on me this entire time.

When in reality he was giving me the opportunity of a fucking lifetime.

I spend the rest of the short wait running over the lyrics in my head as I warm up. I'm taken out of my thoughts when someone calls my name, "Harry Styles."

Glancing up quickly I see someone standing with a clipboard. I stand up taking Louis with me over to them. His hand in mine we walk over.

"You're about to be next, are you ready?"

"Yeah." I let out shakily.

Once again Louis squeezed my hand, reassuring me that I'll do great.

"I'll be waiting right here for you when you're done."

So I ended up adding to this one in case you were confused lol but ig if you're reading this after I've finished or something then it doesn't matter

Anyway it's now like 800 something words which is still arguably short but oh well. I actually like this one a lot better than the original chapter

-Caidence xx