Chapter 14

It was the last few weeks before Harry's secondary school graduation. With studying for finals and keeping up with his job at the bakery Harry and Louis barely saw each other, other than passing by around the flat. And the occasional meal here and there.

They seemed to pass by rather quickly for Harry, for Louis on the other hand things seemed to drag on forever. All he wanted was to sit at home with his boyfriend and cuddle on the couch after working double shifts at the diner. The truth was Louis was saving up some money, for what yet, he didn't know.

~~

"Harry c'mon we have to go now. Besides you look just fine." Louis yelled from the doorway.

Harry was in his room finishing getting ready for graduation. Louis told him countless times he looked perfect.

Harry was still standing in front of his mirror running his fingers through his hair and smoothing down his gown nervously.

Louis kept telling Harry 'there's no reason for you to be nervous.' 'All you have to do is walk on the stage and walk off' What Louis didn't know however was that Harry's parents were going to be there.

Harry wanted more than anything to never see them again, to forget and move on with his life. After another minute there was a knock on the doorframe. Harry glanced over to see Louis standing there.

Louis slowly walked over to Harry and took his hands in his. Looking up to meet his eyes.

In the short while that Louis has come to know Harry and get closer to him, he learned that Harry never got nervous.

When they went on their first date, did it when he was done in the shower, countless things, moving out at 18. But something was bothering him.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Louis whispered.

Taking a deep breath and looking back up to meet Louis' gaze, "my parents are going to be there."

Before Louis could respond Harry pulled away and walked out of his room. Grabbing his cap off of his night stand on the way out.

By the time Louis caught up to him he was sitting in the passenger seat of Louis' 2009 Nissan Altima.

The ride was short about 5 minutes without the usual traffic. When they got there a lot of people were already there. Everyone was gathered outside, students sitting in alphabetical order on the right side. Family and close friends on the left.

Louis gave Harry a kiss before turning and going to find a seat. Harry kept his head down and weaved his way through the crowd of people.

Up ahead he saw Liam sitting towards the front in what looked to be about the fifth row. A little farther behind but closer to Harry was Zayn.

With a sigh Harry sat down in his seat looking straight ahead. He wanted more than anything to get out of here and not face his parents.

Within a few minutes his principle and teachers were lined up across the stage, his principle at the podium. Bringing his attention to what was happening.

This girl he vaguely knew by the name of Juliet Anderson was first. The list kept going until he heard his principle say a name that caught his attention.

"Liam Payne."

He watched as his brunette friend made his way onto the stage. Shaking hands with each teacher along the line, until he came to the end and received his diploma.

Watching as Liam made his way back to the seat with his usual smile on his face. Seeing people get up from their chairs one by one. Finally Zayn made his way to the stage.