Chapter 26

Louis POV-

When Harry's name was called we both stood up together and made our way over to where we were supposed to go. Right at the edge of the stage, it was there that Harry was told he was about to be next.

I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

"I'll be waiting right here for you when you're done."

Harry nods and then steps closer to the stage, nerves radiating off of him.

The person on stage finishes leaving one last person before it's Harry's turn. She then finishes singing and walks off stage with 3 yeses.

With one last glance back towards me, Harry stepped out onto the stage. He was wearing dark almost black jeans, a purple shirt with the word 'lover' on the pocket in a red heart, white converse, and a green almost gray beanie.

It's like tunnel vision for me, not hearing anything only seeing. The only thing I catch is, "I work in a bakery."

By then he's stepped back to be standing on the 'x.' With that, Harry begins to sing.

"Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?
Isn't she precious?
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love?"

~

At the end of the song I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He sounded amazing.

The same tunnel vision thing happens for a second time, where I can only watch in slow motion. How the microphone is gripped tightly in his hand at his side, the way he's standing just ever so slightly slouched.

"Yes." Is when I'm snapped back into reality.

It's then that I hear all of what is said.

He's gotten 4 yeses, one from each of the producers. He's moving on.

Harry comes off stage and immediately wraps his arms around me in a tight embrace.

"You did it, you fucking did it."

"I did, I fucking did." He says laughing.

Pulling apart I can see his eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"Don't cry just yet, it's only the first step." I laugh, wiping his eye.

"I know, I know; I'm just so fucking happy. I did it."

I look up to meet his eyes again smiling.

~~

To celebrate the start of whatever and wherever this may take us we decided to go out to dinner.

We stopped at this little restaurant halfway back home. Sitting at a little table tucked away in the corner.

After ordering we settled into comfortable silence for a couple minutes. When Harry finally spoke up.

"Where do you think this is gonna take us? Like I mean, is this some fun thing, or what if our life's never the same again."

I genuinely thought about it for a minute, what if things are never the same again.

"Maybe we'll just take it one day at a time, see where we end up. I believe that you'll win, if not at least come close though."

Falling back into a comfortable silence, the waitress came over with our food. We're talking here and there, enjoying spending time like this together.

We hadn't been out on a proper date in a while.

"When we get back I'm gonna find some time to take you on a good proper date. Just like our first one."