Chapter 17

After loading everything into the car and locking the door to the flat the two set on their way to Gemma's house.

Three minutes into the drive Louis looks over to Harry and asks, "Do you have an aux cord?"

"I should if you look in the console it's usually wrapped up in the little compartment."

Lifting up the lid to the console in the middle and right where Harry said it'd be wrapped up neatly was the cord.

Plugging in one end in the car, the other in his phone Louis begins to play songs from his playlist. The entire way there the two share a carpool karaoke.

~~

After the first two hours of the drive Harry pulls off into a gas station parking lot.

"Why don't we get out and stretch our legs some?" Harry asks, stepping out of the car.

Louis follows suit and they both make their way inside. Going in different directions, Harry heads to the bathroom after announcing loudly outside that he needed a wee. Louis made his way to the cashier to ask for Harry's car to be filled.

After paying Louis walks back towards the bathroom. He can hear the water running inside meaning Harry is almost done.

The door swings open and out walks Harry his hands still slightly damp. Seeing Louis standing there waiting he smiles. Harry leans down and presses a chaste kiss to Louis' lips. The two then make their way back to Harry's Range Rover.

The rest of the hour drive the two spend talking with each other. Before they know it they're pulling into Gemma's driveway.

Louis POV-

"One thing though, Gemma texted me saying her flight got pushed back and she doesn't have to leave until right about now." Harry says as we turn into a fancy neighborhood.

Nodding my head although barely registering his words, my gaze focused on the houses we drive past. Seemingly increasing in size the farther we drive into the neighborhood.

Looking up the long driveway I see Gemma's house. The outside having perfectly manicured lawns and every other thing anyone would expect from such a grand house.

I feel Harry reaching over his fingertips on my chin. Pushing it up to close it, I didn't even know I'd left it slightly agape.

"You were drooling and you haven't even gotten out of the car yet." He whispered with a smirk.

Glaring at him, "was not."

A low chuckle leaving his mouth Harry unbuckles and begins to grab our things from the back of the car. Quickly undoing my seatbelt I join him as he walks up the walkway to the front door.

Before any thoughts of Gemma not liking me Harry was ringing the doorbell. Within seconds the door was swinging open.

Out stepped what could've been an exact replica of Harry if it wasn't for the longer hair and more feminine features.

Before Harry could react the luggage was strewn aside and he was engulfed in a bone crushing hug. After letting go of Harry she turned to me. In turn her arms wrapped around me in the same tight embrace.

Although it was shorter, it still meant a lot. Pulling back and smiling she turned to Harry.

"Well get the bags will you, don't make us stand out here in the heat all day." Gemma says looking at Harry.

With an exasperated eye roll he turned and picked up the discarded bags and made his way into the beautiful house.

~~

"Make yourselves at home, I have to get going now. But remember when I get back we're gonna catch up."

Gemma turned and grabbed her suitcase from by the door and closed it behind her. After making her way down the driveway we heard a car door closing and the sound of her driving off.

I looked over to Harry to see him smiling dopily over at me.

"What is it?" I say laughing a bit.

"She likes you already." He finishes with another smile this time a prouder one.

I laugh at his childishness, but inside relief floods through me.

"Her house is really nice, or should I say palace?"

Stifling a laugh Harry responds with, "I couldn't agree more, your highness."

Harry bends at the center into a bow.

I can't help but laugh at him now.

"Alright you royal pain, show me where to put my stuff."

Playfully glaring at me Harry picks up his bag while I grab mine and takes me up a staircase off to the left.

"Ok so up here is where the guest rooms are, so you can pick whatever one you like."

Walking down the long hallway for a couple feet I turn right, into a medium sized room with a queen bed.

"This one will do." I smile as I set my bag down at the foot of the bed.

"Ok I'm gonna go put my things across the hall, then why don't you meet me downstairs and we'll grab something to eat."

Nodding I follow Harry out of the room and as he turns left and goes to the room across from mine I head to the staircase.

In the kitchen I see three dogs lying on dog beds off to the side of the room. One being a big fluffy St. Bernard, another a Great Dane, and finally the third a Dalmatian.

A/N

I don't like how I ended this one since it's life a cliff hanger but not really.

Anyway the next chapter is going to be a Harry POV since I feel like there hasn't been one for a couple of chapters now.

Sorry for the later update things just wouldn't cooperate it seemed. But better late than never right

As always please tell me what you think idec if you hate it just lmk

Please vote and comment, and maybe follow; I want to include some things from everyone reading but I can't do that if you don't follow ;)

More to come next time

-Caidence xx