Chapter 27

TW: there's use of a homophobic slur later on in the chapter ; not a lot just once

Harry POV-

"Piece of shit elevator." I huff.

I let out a groan as I lean my head against the wall of the elevator.

I glance over in Louis' direction to see him just standing there, "please tell me you're not claustrophobic."

With a small laugh he responds, "nah, that's Niall's job."

"Might as well try and hit that call button then." I say as I remove myself from the wall, reaching over to press the emergency help button.

It rings for what feels like eternity when someone's voice finally comes through, "hello, how may I be of assistance?"

"Hi, the elevator just got stuck." Louis says loud enough for the speaker to pick up.

The conversation continues briefly, us stating where we were -the princess park apartment complex- and which building we were in. Then which floor we think we're stuck on. Our best guess being two, maybe.

"How long do you think we'll be stuck?" I say, turning and facing Louis.

"No idea." He sighs.

We decide to sit down as we waited, talking about the day.

"I can't believe I actually made it through though, it was something I'd dreamed about when I was like 14."

"Yeah, well you really did it." Louis glances up at me through his eyelashes as he says this.

Making eye contact, briefly, before I lean down and close the gap between our lips. My hand reaches up and cups the side of his face, his hand coming around to rest behind my head.

It continues like this, no more, no less for a couple of minutes before we break apart.

"I love you Lou."

"I love you too, Curly." He whispers just as quiet as I did.

Unable to help the small giggle that escapes my lips at 'curly'. Smiling, Louis removes his hand from the back of my neck.

Louis then scoots slightly away so that he's able to properly face me before speaking.

"Back to this dream of yours."

I raise my eyebrow quizzically, as if signaling him to continue.

"Well, you said it was your dream when you were 14; but when Gemma brought up the show when we were at her house you had this look on your face-"

I let out a puff of air and he stops speaking.

"I guess it has to do with my parents. When I was around 13 or 14 I figured out I was gay. My parents didn't exactly approve I guess." I pause taking a deep breath before continuing.

"They always tried to tell me it was a phase and that I'd eventually find a nice girl to settle down with-" a wry bitter laugh slips out. "-but I never will."

"And it sucks, because growing up I never got to dress how I wanted, my mum would buy all the quote unquote popular things boys my age should be wearing she said."

Louis goes to say something here but I cut him off. "Just, let me finish first."

"And I fucking hated it. Every single second of it, but they were too wrapped up in their job and to be honest my sister. But my sister, she was there for me when no one else was. I remember the night I came out to her. It was right before I did to my parents, and she was so fucking supportive I thought they would be too. But shit, they weren't."