Chapter 1: Orleston Sweet Home

(George's & Anastasia's Story)

1 mile outside of Orleston.

The sun is burning, the cars are passing by while one is standing still aside, two people, a couple returning back to their hometown of Orleston, Texas after they have been away from it for two whole years. "I told you that you should have checked the car before we leave Philadelphia!" George says to his husband with a smirk in his face as he stands by his side. Sean finally gets the car's engine on working terms again and responds to his husband, "See? It only took us fifty two minutes to get back on our feet!"

  George smiles at him and pours water on his head. They share a quick kiss before they start driving again, heading closer to their destination. Sean's phone starts ringing and he picks it up, only to be informed that that their stuff have arrived at their new house. "Everything is there, are you ready for us to complete the combo?" he asks George who seems nervous. They hold each other's hands and the boy says, "Every day as a teenager I remember wanting to leave that town and never go back. I can't believe that out of the whole gang we are the ones going back..."

Sean holds his hand as they find themselves closer and closer to their destination.

  Wilson Residence.
In the meantime...

"We Got the Beat, we got the BEAT..." is playing on Anastasia's Spotify list as she drinks her cocktail and dances with the rest of the high schoolers on this incredible hot day. In one week school is going to open. Bodies on top of one another, dancing, flirting and living the best of whatever is left of their summer. The young queen bee looks around and spots her boy toy arriving with a bunch of beer cans. She lowers her sunglasses, licks her lips with her tongue and walks towards him. "Mr. Roy Devante, star quarterback, ladies man..." she says to him with a flirty voice.

  He smiles and grabs her as he whispers in her left ear, "When are your guardians arriving? Do we have some time to enjoy ourselves in your new house?" and awaits for her to say yes. Unfortunately for him, she is actually hard to get, "Sorry poor little rich boy, I'm busy today finding myself a challenge." she says and walks away. Meanwhile just arriving at the party is Cameron James but not to stay and have fun. Anastasia and Roy open the door, she takes the pizzas they ordered and Roy pays, including a ten dollar tip to the young boy. "There you go buddy, go buy yourself a cheeseburger..." and closes the door.

  Once he is alone, Cameron gives the middle finger to Roy and turns around only to fall in George and Sean looking at him. He quickly walks away and Sean turns to his husband, "Something tells me that your little sister is having a party and-" before he can finish his comment, George adds, "Is it just me or are we going to be the ones that are going to stop a teenage party?"

  "We grew up babe, we better start getting used to it!" Sean teases him.

  "You grew up, I'm only twenty four." George points out, a little bit annoyed. "Sorry to break it to you but we are only a year apart." Sean kisses his cheek and walks inside with their luggage.

  Two blocks away.

A young girl arrives at a seemingly abandoned house with her older sister. "So why are we in this shithole? Why the fucking hell aren't we in California?" Hayley asks her older sister. "Because we are broke and this is the only thing our aunt Helda left us in her will." the older sister responds and the girls walk towards the house.

  Before Hayley walks inside, two boys  pass through their house and whistle at her, so she turns around and gives them the middle finger. "Perfect, I have arrived in misogynistic hell!" she whispers and closes the door with her right foot.

  Wilson Residence.
1 hour later.

   "So no more Wayne for you?" George asks his little sister while they clean up the house after the end of the party. "Let's just say that once he left for College, nothing was the same, which is why I avoid dating anymore." the girl explains and frowns, clearly still not over her break up.

  "You know, despite common belief, Sean was not my first boyfriend. I have had my fair share of heartbreaks..." George tries to show to Anastasia that she is extremely young to be disappointed.

  "George, I don't want to be the mean little sister but you cheated on your first boyfriend with his cousin, who you dumbed for Sean, then Julian the addict and then that military guy and then again Sean. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward into becoming a bunny until I find the love of my life." she responds with wit and they start laughing as they keep cleaning the pool.

  Orleston High Stadium.
Meanwhile...

  Sean is standing in the middle of the stadium, holding a football ball, the same on he held as he won with Noah and Ramon the State's championship all those years ago. "Mr. Tucker you've arrived early, sorry we had you waiting!" the principal says to him. The young man looks at him and finds it weird that the same man who was his principal sometime ago, having him in his office along with his best friend for pranking some poor teacher is now calling him 'sir'.

"Just Sean for you Mr. Smith, unless the Tigers are around of course!" Sean laughs and throws him the ball. The principal gives an awkward smile as he tries to keep up with the new coach's energetic behavior. "So as I was getting ready to say to you, I know that the stadium is not what it used to be when it was at its prime but I think you out of all people can guess why the downfall happened..."

  "I can guess a few more personal factors where behind this. Mr. Mendoza's death I believe it was the tip of the iceberg..." Sean points out and the principal nods positively. Both of them know that the funds are not going to be enough for what the team is going to need. The training has to be brutal if any of the team players can even have a chance at earing a scholarship. Things are tight and the new coach, young and inexperienced has to be ready to give in or fall out.

  "I promise you I will do my best. Thank you for trusting me with the Tigers..." Sean and the principal nod with the later one making a comment, "If we don't trust one of our own, how can we ever move forward?"

Then they walk inside the school to sign some papers and on his way through the halls, Sean notices a familiar figure, making noise with her heels on every step she takes, the smartest gal he has ever known, "Olivia Logan, is that you?" he loudly says across the hall and she replies, "The one and only Coach Tucker!"

  "Liv, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you since..."

  "Yeah, I know that I have barely kept in touch with you guys but I have been informed by your husband on everything."

  "I admit that finding out you chose to return here was not what I expected...I expected at least from Diana to tell you, that you should be doing major things away from this small town..."

  "She did, but she also said she is going to stay here forever and now she is living in San Diego and I still can't believe that she and Alex are now parents...I mean besides Emma."

They both catch up for a little while before they head back to their lives. The day is gone and the night is on as Sean returns to the house, only to find  Anastasia already asleep and George barely awake. He kisses him in his forehead and sits on his side of the bead for a while, looking through the window. George gets up and wraps his arms around him from his behind.

  "Hey stranger, what's troubling you?" George asks him.

  "Nothing particular. Stuff I guess, maybe memories..."

  "You wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe tomorrow, right now, this is perfect." Sean responds and the both pay down, awaiting the sunrise that has yet to come.

  To be continued...