Chapter 21: Knocking On Heaven's Door (1)

Orleston High.
One week later...

    Anastasia along with Hayley and Roy are heading to their next class while they discuss the latest events of their town. "So Olivia is leaving, Cameron hasn't showed up for the past week anywhere and we lost the match before State...at least my father hasn't been around lately!" Hayley points out and rubs her forehead knowing that even though her greatest fear isn't around, he definitely isn't gone. Both Roy and Hayley also notice how lost Anastasia seems for the past few days and wonder what's in her head...

  "I'm fine guys, I'm just worried about our friend. Anyone else wants to come with me after school to see him?" the young cheerleader asks them.

  "I have to be at Austin later actually..." Roy adds and Hayley also has family business to attend to. Anastasia rises her eyebrow and looks at both of her friends like they are really stupid for not being supportive at all.

  Orleston Bus Station.
Twenty minutes later...

   Olivia is sitting at a bench at the bus station waiting for someone from the gang's past. Time passes though and the bus really takes it's time to arrive until the person she has been waiting finally stands in front of her and she immediately hugs him. "Oh my God, I almost can't believe it you're in front of me..." Olivia says cheerfully to Spencer and they walk inside her car. Once they enter, she turns to him and she notices how nervous he seems...

 Once they enter, she turns to him and she notices how nervous he seems

  "Spencer what is it?" she asks him.

  "Maybe coming here without notice was a bad idea after what happened in Portland..." Spencer responds and Olivia holds his hand before reassuring him that he made the right decision to finally try and make amends with his parents. "They lost one son...trust me when I say that they are definitely going to welcome you with a huge smile on their faces!" the young woman points out and starts driving towards the town.

  "So when are you departing for Pittsburgh?" Spencer asks his friend.

  "Soon...really, really soon." Olivia replies and sighs as the sky gets cloudy.

  Orleston High.
Early noon...

   Hayley is walking away from school as fast as she can since it's probably going to be raining hard really soon. Before she is able to react, her father appears out of nowhere and grabs her, holding her against the wall. "Your brother and sister really thought that a restraining order was going to keep me away from you?" her father says in a very creepy tone and Hayley hits him where it really hurts so she can have a chance to run but he manages to grab her again and turn her around.

   Thankfully Roy is walking towards the parking lot when he notices what is going on and runs to save his girl. He punches Hayley's father and the older man punches him back and before anyone is able to react the two of them start fighting as Hayley begs them to stop...