Chapter 13 : Meet The Parents

Olivia's apartment.
The next day...

    "Nope..." George says as he still tries to process the fact that Olivia and Julian had sex thrice. The woman gives him his fifth tea however he is still unable to calm down. "Ugh why do I always sleep with my friend's exes...maybe I should become a nun." Olivia says to herself and sighs. Thankfully for her, George couldn't care less about the fact that Julian was his ex but mostly for how he usually treats the person of his interest.

"Don't worry, he is not my person of interest...I won't give in to him again!" Olivia raises her eyebrow and says in a very determined tone.

George smiles and starts calming down and he responds to her, "Yeah because we all know that our Julian stops flirting with you when you tell him you are not interested."

A moment of silence follows for the two of them and then they start laughing and realize how terrible their love lives are.

  Bluelife.
After school...

   Anastasia and Cameron are helping Hayley with the work since the place is full and she is alone. "I'm sorry but what the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at Roy's meet the parent thing in an hour?" Anastasia points out to her and wonders why the hell is Hayley dressed like she is going to join a motorcycle club. "Save it Anastasia, I'm not going to change who I am by dressing like a Barbie doll and talking like I'm an Alabama bell..." Hayley says to her friend and makes it clear that she will remain true to her values despite what Roy's parents want to see from her.

Anastasia rolls her eyes and wonders if she and her friend are ever going to agree on something. Then Cameron turns to her and asks if she is alright.

  "Yeah, I should start seeing things from a different perspective though otherwise I'm going to end up friendless and alone..." Anastasia explains to him and he holds her hand, "I don't know about that, purple hair or blonde, bitchy or not...something tells me I would still be here." Cameron tries to cheer her up and she smiles which Hayley notices while she serves and realizes that their thing is still there, slowly blossoming in its own way.

  Devante's residence.
Later that day.

    Time passes and Roy is waiting for Hayley to finally show up and when she actually rings the bell and the boy opens the door, he finds her looking like she came from a party in the woods. "That's going to be interesting!" the young boy says nervously as his girlfriend kisses him and walks inside.

  "Oh this is for your parents." she says to him and hands him the present she brought. Roy opens it and finds a bottle of vodka.

  "That's one way to start the evening..." he says to himself and things about drinking it all by himself since he can already predict how the dinner is going to go.

  Then his parents and his sister arrive downstairs looking like royalty and introduce themselves to Hayley. "You must be the girl who Roy hasn't told us about. It's a pleasure to meet you..." Roy's mother says with a great displeasure on her face which causes Roy's anger to start showing itself. "Nice to meet you too Mrs? I'm sorry what's your last name bacause from all the traveling you do, Roy forgot to mention your name!" Hayley responds and smiles causing her boyfriend to give a soft smile.

  Once the meeting has happened, they all head to the dinning room and Hayley whispers to herself, "Oh you have no idea with who you are messing with duchess!"

  Bluelife.
Fifteen minutes later...

  George is serving two tables when Sean walks inside and sits at the bar. The young man sighs since he knows that his husband is not there to simply drink something and goes to ask him what he wants...

  "Hey...you want lemonade or coffee or something?"

  Sean asks for a homemade lemonade and for a chance the two of them can finally talk. "It's been weeks and we have said barely a hello. I'm not here to ask you to come back or whatever you have on your mind, I only want to talk..." Sean says to him and asks him to sit down which he does.

  "I don't know what you want me to tell you Sean...we have the same constant problem in our relationship since we started dating...you dream things we have never talked about!" George explains to him and breaths heavily.

  "You're right okay? I have been not seeing what you want for a long time now...I accepted the job and brought you here with me, I have stepped on your needs yes but if you want me to apologize for wanting to create something more with you...that's not going to happen." Sean responds and everything quickly turns into a realization of how they ignored so many signs along the way because they love each other.

  "I think that if we want to have a future together we need to have a present apart...we've been together since we were really young and we never really tried to see the world from a different perspective..." George points out and gets up to get some drinks ready, leaving Sean extremely anxious and troubled over what is happening to them.

  Devante residence.

  Time passes and Roy's mother definitely hasn't made things easier for Hayley with constant whispers about her being middle class and with a very broken family. "I'm sorry, how do you know about my family history?" the young girl asks Roy's mother.

  "When someone is attached to my kids, I obviously make sure they are the best of the best dear, I don't believe that you know the meaning of that of course...abusove father and absent mother, broke sister who works at as a social worker to help you both and last but not least, you, a waitress..." Roy's mother continues saying and asks if she wants money from her son. Hayley stops eating, looks at Roy who is furious at his mother and she turns to her most disliked person in the room...

  "Mrs Devante, thank you for the dinner, it was lovely..." she says to her and throws all the macaroni on Mrs Devante's head, then she smiles softly and walks away with Roy running after her to the road outside bis house. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea she would pull something like that..."

  Hayley turns to him and looks in disappointment, he didn't even have the courage to stand up for her. "It's okay, part of me knew things eventually would have to end between us..." she points out, kisses him one last time on his cheek and walks away as Roy heads back inside, goes to his mother and throws the table upside down.

   "You think that you are better than Hayley? Let me remind you some facts...You are a terrible mother who never had anything but expectations from us, you were poor as hell when you seduced dad into marrying you and lasr but not least, fuck you!" Roy says to her and leaves the house extremely mad.

  Olivia's apartment.
Midnight...

   Olivia is cooking when someone knocks the door and she immediately opens it, finding Julian standing in the building's hall with a champagne in his hand. "I was in the neighborhood..." he says dirty and Olivia smiles before she closes the door without letting him inside and continues cooking. "Oh come on!" Julian says to her from the outside but she said that it was an one time thing and she meant it, even though she knows that she lied. Truth is it wasn't an one time thing.

  "Forget it Julian, we said no more..." she replies to him from the inside.

  "So you want me to tell everyone about our London adventure?" Julian says from the outside and manages to make the girl open to him but only to remind him something...

  "You are not going to say something because we both know how embarrassing that story ends for you..."

  Julian looks at her and gives her a kiss to which she pulls back and slaps him, closing the door once again, leaving him outside. "Come on Liv..."

  To be continued...